Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider Muffler Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 08:27 AM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks modular, that's valuable information. I don't like loud exhaust either, but I want more performance.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:51 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Glad I could help.

While the slip-on/intake/ViED's did make a difference in performance once the PCV was added in that just made the bike come to life and has power on demand everywhere, idles dead nuts solid (and IMHO the 2-1 exhaust gives it such a nice sound) with zero surging and fast as can be throttle response.

As set up the exhaust is at a polite noise level at idle/cruise and then transfers to a nice deep growl under acceleration. The wife says the bike and my car (FIAT 500 ABARTH-uses the turbo as it's only muffler-straight pipes all the way back as supplied by the factory) have about the same noise level when I come home.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:46 AM
jangler14
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can't wrong with SuperTrapp who makes the NightStick. I believe you can get a better core with packing for the NightStick which give's you an even deeper tone and more low end torque.

http://forums.supertrapp.com/showthr...d-Street-Glide

Another thing to keep in mind while the slip on is a good option, the stock headers is the choke point in the system and you would see better performance gains by going with a aftermarket header set up. If I am not mistaken the outlet out of the collector is 1.75 on the stock set up. That is the same diameter of one single exhaust pipe. Supertrapp's is 2 or 2.25 on their Supermeg&Kerker 2 into 1 systems, as well as most aftermarket 2 into 1 systems. Just some food for thought.

Ride on!

Last edited by jangler14; 06-07-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:57 AM
dyna bomb
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thunderheader makes a muffler for the switchback and now for the lowrider its called the thundercone slipon! im really thinking about it and goin back and forth between a full system and the slipon

Old 06-07-2014, 10:05 AM
jangler14
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would like to add that SuperTrapp's Supermeg and their Kerker 2 into 1 both fit the Lowrider.
I have the Kerker SuperMeg 2 into 1 and their Mean Mother Drag Pipes exhausts. Both are fun as hell. I love the sound of the Mean Mothers, but the overall usable performance of the Kerker SuperMeg is amazing. The accelaration is there regardless of gear I am in or speed at which I am traveling, just twist the throttle and go faster!!! The Kerker has no discs and an open end unlike the Supertrapp Supermeg, both come with perforated cores and fiberglass packing.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:48 PM
grayryan65
Stage IV

hey i just bought the 2014 FXDL and want to put that exact PRO PIPE Chrome on it... when i called V&H they said they haven't done a fitment check yet, since this bike was a mid year release was their any issues with fitment and installation? Thanks

Old 06-24-2014, 08:54 PM
grayryan65
Stage IV

Originally Posted by aviscomi
If you're looking for a full system, then I would consider the V&H Pro Pipe
hey i just bought the 2014 FXDL and want to put that exact PRO PIPE Chrome on it... when i called V&H they said they haven't done a fitment check yet, since this bike was a mid year release was their any issues with fitment and installation? Thanks

Old 06-25-2014, 02:21 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by grayryan65
I did not have any install issues. When I called V&H regarding a FP3 map and told them that I was using the Pro Pipe they asked me a few questions regarding fitment because I was the 1st Low Rider that used the FP3 & Pro Pipe combo.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:06 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by grayryan65
Put the V&H Big Radius 2-1 on mine, the heat shield covered part of the oil dip stick. And is made it hard to remove the dip stick. I ended up having to spend time tweaking the heat shield in that area, so that the dip stick could be removed.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:12 PM
AQA101
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe a long shot if you live in the US, but german manufacturer Penzl offers a muffler: http://www.penzl-bikes.de/index.php?...article_id=225

I'm considering to mount a Lowrider exhaust with that muffler to my SB, because street legal 2 in 1 exhausts are difficult to find here.

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Low Rider Muffler Options-penzl_2-1.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider Muffler Options