Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider Muffler Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 12:48 AM
grayryan65
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi
I did not have any install issues. When I called V&H regarding a FP3 map and told them that I was using the Pro Pipe they asked me a few questions regarding fitment because I was the 1st Low Rider that used the FP3 & Pro Pipe combo.
I can't tell from your picture, but are your foot controls still stock? I am nervous to buy the V&H pro pipe and it not workout. When i called V&H back they said the only thing they weren't sure of was the placement of the controls. Also do you have any other pictures that show the pipe and its placement in more detail? Thanks for the help!

Old 07-09-2014, 09:22 AM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I was thinking of adding holes in th 5-6" space at the end of the baffle that is solid. Couldn't get a drill in there but thinking a mini-grinding wheel could be used to create slots in that area which should open the baffle for more flow and sound ... sort of like the gronk mod to sporty baffles (http://www.xlforum.net/vbportal/foru...ad.php?t=16948). Even better - I think this could be done (with slots instead of round holes) on ours without removing anything.

Update = tried slots inside and couldn't make that work. Instead I opened up the space around the middle open part of the muffler. Like it a lot so far. A little more rumble at idle/cruize and quite a bit more when twisting.

Pics are in my album.
This one is direct on

And what you see when standing

Last edited by rednred; 09-09-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:24 PM
orgredneck
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Did some research,
found out Lowrider and Switchback have the same part # 65096-12,
any slip-on that fits Switchback will fit Lowrider.
Still deciding which one to get.
What have you used?
Check out the Links below.

Thanks,
Don

http://www.granitestateharleystore.c...7c%7eFLD%5cGZM

http://www.granitestateharleystore.c...c%7eFXDL%5cGNM

... also just saw a new thread on someone that installed CS on new LR - https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...low-rider.html[/QUOTE]

Old 07-09-2014, 08:09 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 757 Likes on 404 Posts

The above is correct, I installed a CS slip on for a switchback on my low rider today. Fitment is spot on, so we do have a few more options now for slip ons. I would probably try something other than the CS I'm not very happy with the sound yet, maybe after some modifying I will be.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:29 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by grayryan65
I can't tell from your picture, but are your foot controls still stock? I am nervous to buy the V&H pro pipe and it not workout. When i called V&H back they said the only thing they weren't sure of was the placement of the controls. Also do you have any other pictures that show the pipe and its placement in more detail? Thanks for the help!
No my rider foot controls aren't stock; they are much wider than stock. I believe that you can download the installation instructions via V&H website which will tell you exhaust placement. FYI, I didn't have to make any mods to the exhaust; I installed it as per instructions.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:12 PM
Hammer14
Stage II

Originally Posted by rednred
I was thinking of adding holes in th 5-6" space at the end of the baffle that is solid. Couldn't get a drill in there but thinking a mini-grinding wheel could be used to create slots in that area which should open the baffle for more flow and sound ... sort of like the gronk mod to sporty baffles (http://www.xlforum.net/vbportal/foru...ad.php?t=16948). Even better - I think this could be done (with slots instead of round holes) on ours without removing anything.

Update = tried slots inside and couldn't make that work. Instead I opened up the space around the middle open part of the muffler. Like it a lot so far. A little more rumble at idle/cruize and quite a bit more when twisting.

Pics are in my album.
This one is direct on

And what you see when standing
Did modifying the muffler make it run any hotter? Mine seems a little lean already.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:57 AM
My2Harleys
Advanced

How are the end caps installed? Are they drilled into the stock pipes? How are they fastened? Are slip ons an easier install than the end caps?

Reading this thread, it doesn't seem anyone has found the right slip on. Im interested in noise. Not obnoxious, just a nice rumble.

Maybe us 2014 LR owners need to wait for more/better options?

Last edited by My2Harleys; 09-30-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:09 AM
motorend
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by My2Harleys

Reading this thread, it doesn't seem anyone has found the right slip on. Im interested in noise. Not obnoxious, just a nice rumble.

Maybe us 2014 LR owners need to wait for more/better options?
It seems most slip ons for the switchback will work. However, we run a different heat shield and not all slip ons come with a new one. The screaming eagle runs a different part number than the swiitchback as it includes a heat shield that will mate nicely to the new pipe. I think most are dissapointed with the sound due to the restrictive collector that remains at the base of the stock headers.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:13 AM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Good question!
I can't say. It already cooked legs when sitting at lights - now maybe a little more?? Air coming out the exhaust seems rather more forceful but again, hard to tell.
I wasn't too worried as I have stage 1 AC to put on - just waiting on tuner decision. It seems the problem then will be figuring out what map to start with that reflects this muffler configuration. From what I've seen inside this and my old sporty days it seems like this is most similar to what V&H calls their quiet baffle.

Originally Posted by Hammer14
Did modifying the muffler make it run any hotter? Mine seems a little lean already.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by orgredneck
Hi all,

Just got a new Low Rider Saturday,
wanting to get better muffler.
what options are available.
looking for ideas some have done.
were is the cat in header or muffler.

thanks for the help,
Don
Have same bike, when I have some extra$, check out rbracing-rsr.com, full 2-1, there sweet, good luck