Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna batwing

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Bobby12012
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Dyna batwing

Has anyone tried this fairing?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281349860854?nav=SEARCH
I have asked several questions but get little to know answers from the seller .
It looks exactly like the tsukayu dyna batwing from pics at less than half the price.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

I haven't yet seen that fairing for a Dyna, however I did prep/paint/install one on a Yamaha, that I am pretty sure came from the same company. There are a few differences between the fairing in the pic(appears identical to the Yamaha fairing except for size/mount width) and the Tsukayu fairing. Keep in mind the Tsukayu comes complete with mounting hardware, wiring and fork clamps. The Tsukayu fairing needed very little prep before painting but the one for the Yamaha required quite a bit more work to get straight, and just isn't as good a quality as the Tsukayu. I am all for buying American whenever possible, I won't even buy gas from a foreign owned gas station when I have a choice, but between the two the Tsukayu is the better fairing. You may want to check out Reckless fairings new batwing for Dynas. They are similar in price to the Tsukayu and are located in Kentucky(I believe), although still not sure if it's foreign owned or not. They are similar in quality to the Tsukayu although they do not include mounting hardware.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Bobby12012
Tourer

Yea, I saved the pics and compared them very closely to the tsukayu and when ya zoom In you can really tell the quality isn't there ... The inner and outer seem to not match and line up we'll at all or at least not nearly as well as the tsukayu does ..... I'm guessing this is a good "ya get what you pay for " scenario

Old 06-03-2014, 06:22 AM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better pics here with brackets ... hmmm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAIRING-FOR-...3D281349860854

Old 06-03-2014, 06:22 AM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better pics here with brackets ... hmmm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAIRING-FOR-...3D281349860854

Old 06-03-2014, 07:00 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I haven't seen this fairing that I know of, but the discription does confuse me a bit, how can it fit a mid glide front end and a wide glide front end, do they send you the adaptors for both? If so, thats money wasted on their end which also tells me the quality is that much lower for the price.

Another option you could look into is a Dyna fairing made by Dead Center Cycles, I believe its called the "Road Captain"

Old 06-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Bobby12012
Tourer

Blueangel, my guess would be is that it is actually made for a wide glide front end and if you have a mid glide you would just use the spacers like it is shown in pic ram hunter posted ..... When you compare it to the tsukayu it looks like a direct knock off except the seams aren't quite as tight as they are on the tsukayu and the weather stripping also doesn't run all the way down like it does in the tsukayu which I'm certain would cause more problems about first rain ya hit lol.
I have looked into the road captain fairing and just hate the way it looks from profile ... Loops great from front but dead profile it just looks way too small .

Old 06-03-2014, 12:57 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Bobby, I see what your saying about the quality of the eBay knock off compared to the Tsukayu fairing, the Tsukayu looks much better and if you want to invest in either of these fairing the Tsukayu is what I would suggest.

I personally don't like how the 6"x9"'s are angled in either fairing, kinda look like alien eyes. As for both of those fairing and the Road Captain, I don't care for the marine grade radio housing, I would much rather invest in a marine grade radio built to withstand the elements and give a cleaner look to the fairing. I have asked DCC if they could sale the fairing without the radio hole and they said it wouldn't be an issue, just might take a week longer to receive it (no price change).

Know, that I have installed the Fat Bob trees on my Street Bob, I have been thinking the same thing as you, the Road Captain looks small and sits a little to high on the bike. A user named AFM(don't remember the rest) also installed the Fat Bob trees on his Street Bob and modified the passing light bar off a Heritage to fit his bike and it looks like it belongs there. I will be looking into this mod and seeing if the DCC fairing made for the Touring or Softail models (bigger fairing) is compatible with the passing lamp QD system, if so this is a direction I might go in. As for the audio, I want to use the Kicker Power Sports PXiBT50.2, mainly because its made for the outdoors, is bluetooth, small head unit (freeing up space for more audio parts like tweeters) and I don't listen to local radio.

Which ever fairing you decide to go with, I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:23 PM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only difference between the wide glide brackets, and the narrow glide, are the size of the spacers. I bought an unpainted Tsukayu that was set up for narrow glide from craigslist, and only needed to change the spacer size to make it fit.

Last edited by DesertDyna; 06-03-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Bobby12012
Tourer

Agreed blue angel, I don't like the way the 6x9's look in any of them ... Will most likely go with stereo ready tsukayu with 6 1/2's and use my own marine stereo and polk audio marine speakers ..... May later do 6x9's in saddlebags but not sure lol..... Nd fastin...The reckless dyna batwing looks pretty great from every angle but the inner fairing .... I personally think they missed the mark on that one by a long shot .... Ugliest inner fairing I've seen

Quick Reply: Dyna batwing