Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 street bob converting from forwards to mids questions.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Soliddrummer
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 street bob converting from forwards to mids questions.

I just bought a used 2013 street bob with factory forward controls on it. It was a special order originally with the hard candy custom paint and forward controls. I hate the forward controls and want to go back to mids, there is no hole in my outer primary.
I searched on this as much as I could, but didn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

So my question is, what parts do I need to do to do this conversion? I know I need the peg mounts, shorter shift and brake rods and I need an outer primary with a hole in it. I think I also need the shift shaft itself and maybe some bushings or something for the inner primary? Is it possible to just drill a hole in my existing primary cover, or do I really need to get one with a hole in it?

If possible a comprehensive list from someone who would know so I can start acquiring parts would be ideal. Anyone with experience doing this swap? What to look out for?

Also I'm totally open to swap someone who wants forwards for their mids.

Thanks in advance everyone!!

Old 06-06-2014, 08:30 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive got a ll the parts you need with exception of the primary. Shoot me an offer

Old 07-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Gears of Joy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Soliddrummer
I just bought a used 2013 street bob with factory forward controls on it. It was a special order originally with the hard candy custom paint and forward controls. I hate the forward controls and want to go back to mids, there is no hole in my outer primary.
I searched on this as much as I could, but didn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

So my question is, what parts do I need to do to do this conversion? I know I need the peg mounts, shorter shift and brake rods and I need an outer primary with a hole in it. I think I also need the shift shaft itself and maybe some bushings or something for the inner primary? Is it possible to just drill a hole in my existing primary cover, or do I really need to get one with a hole in it?

If possible a comprehensive list from someone who would know so I can start acquiring parts would be ideal. Anyone with experience doing this swap? What to look out for?

Also I'm totally open to swap someone who wants forwards for their mids.

Thanks in advance everyone!!
I'm in your same boat.. I've got a 2014 FXDB with factory installed Forwards and I want to swap to mids. Have you gotten your parts yet. I'm in Long Beach, CA. Maybe you and I can get together to do the swap. An extra hand is always helpful. If you've already done the conversion I'd love to hear about your experience.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:44 PM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

EP 50,
Same story. I am in San Jose CA. Would be glad to buy , but also need chrome outer and inner primary.
Please keep me in the loop . Would appreciate any help you can give.
You can directly contact me at rogersachs@comcast.net
Thanks,
Roger

Old 07-03-2014, 12:58 AM
JDogs
Intermediate

Ha same ...

I wanted to switch to the new more forward mids and just highway pegs where my forward controls use to be. I went to the stealership and they quoted with parts and labor approx. 2k. ....**** they better **** and suck me for 2k. I'm better off trading my fxdwg for a new streetbob and switching out my current pipes n intake on the new bike.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:15 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Smile

Originally Posted by JDogs
Ha same ...

I wanted to switch to the new more forward mids and just highway pegs where my forward controls use to be. I went to the stealership and they quoted with parts and labor approx. 2k. ....**** they better **** and suck me for 2k. I'm better off trading my fxdwg for a new streetbob and switching out my current pipes n intake on the new bike.
JDog
Thanks for the reply. Dealer I went to wanted about 2,200 up to 2,400. Unless I can get outer and inner primary reasonably will stay with my reduced reach with heal support. I also put the highway peg that bolts about the highway bar onto the lower frame, just anterior to the mid peg supports. Not near as good mids, but helps a lot..Coming from a V rod, I was not sophisticated or enlighten enough to know about mid pegs. So I ordered forwards. A mistake especially if you are short. Will know for next time( 3-5 years). I Like the new Low Rider with forward mids and dual disc brakes with abs. Was not available when I ordered. I am a wreck.
Roger

Old 07-03-2014, 02:34 AM
luckycaribou
Intermediate

I have mids just sitting in a box if you would wanna swap. No primaries though, shoot me a pm if interested.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:33 PM
McPlaid
Cruiser

I personally prefer the forwards but still like the mods also, when I got my 14 FXDB I got the forwards installed, and crept the parts, got some pegs and mounted the mid peg brackets on. This option might not be for you but it's a lot cheaper option.

Attached Thumbnails 2013 street bob converting from forwards to mids questions.-image.jpg  
Old 07-03-2014, 12:37 PM
McPlaid
Cruiser

Also I used some grill paint to make the pin that holds the break on the right side mount so it didn't stand out

Attached Thumbnails 2013 street bob converting from forwards to mids questions.-image.jpg  
Old 07-04-2014, 03:28 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Smile

Originally Posted by luckycaribou
I have mids just sitting in a box if you would wanna swap. No primaries though, shoot me a pm if interested.
Lucky,
Sounds good, but need some further research for the primaries. Any suggestions.
Also does you box include everything for the conversion- shaft, brake rod , etc. In other words all I need is buy 2 primaries and you have everything else period.
thanks,
You are welcome to contact me directly. rogersachs@comcast.net
Roger

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 street bob converting from forwards to mids questions.