Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My winter cafe dyna build

Old 06-07-2014, 03:15 AM
Chaddilac
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My winter cafe dyna build

So it all started out last October when I purchased this 06 dyna

The previous owner had done some questionable electrical customizing in the bikes short life of 6500 miles including ***** of solder on the handlebar extensions and a rats nest in the rear fender that once the rear tire chewed it up left me riding an all black bike with no tail lights in the middle of the night.

So I decided I would "fix" lol the rear fender so I bought 2 stock ones filled the holes and extended them and lowered the mounting holes an inch

Simple enough right??? sooo I decided since I had to have the rear fender painted I would take a few things off the bike and have them powder coated and probably change a few other things about the bike as well and I was left with this

(The triple clamps and kickstand came off too!!!lol)

6 inches and a hundred dollars at a time I wound up 30 feet and a lot of money from where I started

Had the trans and cases sprayed gloss black and cleared. The heads jugs and rocker boxes along with all covers and inner and outer primary wheels nuts bolts deby cover dash gas cap and anything else that is removable or unbolts, lol ...powder coated

Also since I had the motor apart I should probably freshen it up right? I mean it is apart and has 6500 miles on it, I mean who knows what the previous owner did to this poor bike

So after talking to everyone in the HD motor business I decided I would go with Scott at Hillside and build a decent 95.... Err wait??? You mean I can take it to a 107 for 600$ with a factory 4 3/8 crank from Surdyke? Wait they might scissor ??? I'm scared, I mean I mays well spend the money and have it balanced and welded right??? I mean can't cut corners now. so I got ahold of Mike at Silvermoon cycles and what a great guy he is to deal with, him and Scott are both class acts. So All said and done I wound up with a 107 pro plugged and welded, with an HPI 55mm throttle body 5.3 injectors and s&s 585 cams with stage 3 heads. Glad I freshened up that motor I think I'm going to need aN SE compensator What is that you say... I know, I just read about that weak 06 dyna stator (bolted) and in order to run the new '14 compensator you have to buy a new rotor and stator another 500$ later I'm styling.... Wait no 550$ have to but the 50$ adhesive kit for the primary oil tray, oh wait all this money on performance I can't run the V&H straight shots right??? Yea... better go 2-1 so I picked up the road rage too.

oh man!! is the stock clutch gonna hold all this power??? Nope !!! Ordered a Barnett clutch and spring kit as we'll.

Ordered some 12.5 RICORS the DK Customs coil relocation kit and license plate mount along with RSD Clip-ons, and Joker Machine pegs, grips, and speedo relocation mount. And decided I wanted mid controls instead of forwards.

Then I realized I spent all this money on going fast and non on seeing further so I picked up the black Daymaker and shoved it in the Harley 5 3/4 bucket after I had it powdered black all said and done this is what it came out like

Also plumbed in an oil pressure gauge on a Tee fitting so I could use the switch too

All this started because my very dear friend Diggler1182 decided he wanted to build his 08 street glide (which deserves it's own thread entirely)

Which we built completely with a 103 and after the build he decided he wanted the 2009+ frame so he bought a 2012 and we switched everything over to the 2012 and rebuilt it as a 107" Hillside/Silvermoon combo as well

So I would like to say thank you very much to Diggler1182 without his help it wouldn't have been possible and also Scott at hillside and Mike at Silvermoon for answer my calls and letting me pick their brains until I know they didn't want to answer the phone lol

AND TO THINK... ALL BECAUSE OF SOME TAIL LIGHT WIRING!!!

Last edited by Chaddilac; 06-07-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:34 AM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

chaddilac

one hell of a nice job!!! Hats off to you. that red and black looks killer.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

That is an incredible transformation! Well, done on a unique bike.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:29 AM
Stressfest
Advanced

Man what a cool transformation.. How are the clip ons for ride comfort? I used to run them on my Duc café racers. Fantastic work!!

Old 06-07-2014, 06:19 AM
Tomh1962
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn... sweet job!! Nicely done...

Is it an Autobot or a Decepticon????

Old 06-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Chaddilac
Intermediate
Default Clip-ons

As far as clip ons they are definitely form over function. If I put my feet on the rear pegs and lay on the tank it's actually pretty comfortable. I have a set of 16" roland sands King Apes that I will thrown on once I get tired of the clip ons. Thank you very much for all your kind words.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Bocefus
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:09 AM
FXD_noob
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet bike man! I need to tackle some electrical issues on my bike as well, but you took it to the next level!

Old 06-07-2014, 09:12 AM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love that rear fender extention. not too much but just enough to look like it belongs there.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

I dig that minimalist look, bare-bonesy, looks quick as hell!

You mention putting on some apes but I bet that thing would be sweet with a flat-track type bar like mine (I know, I'm partial )!

One thing's for sure, you're living in Coolsville now!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My winter cafe dyna build