Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Dyna Low Rider Front End/Forks

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 10:41 PM
rickeyxxx
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dyna Low Rider Front End/Forks

Ok I just recently bought an 03' Low Rider. Love the bike a lot! I am first off interested in changing the forks or widening them if possible. I use to own an 02' Dyna WIDE Glide and loved the front end on it. I am going to get 18" wide apes on the Low Rider and I DO NOT want narrow apes. And I figure if I get the apes as I had on my WIDE Glide, it will look odd bc the fork spread isn't as wide. Pics are below of my previous Dyna and how the forks look along with my newly purchased bike. And IF there is a way to put a WIDE Glide front end on this Low Rider please share a link or exact info on what I'd need to do to match the wider fork spread. I don't like this narrow glide front. Thanks in advance!

Old 06-08-2014, 07:54 AM
timberwolfz28
Road Master

I put a raked wide glide front end from Demons on mine several years ago. Changed the looks drastically. I'll see if I can find the link to the thread I made when I bought it. Just put Todd's Cycle 12" apes on mine. I LOVE the look.

BTW, congrats on picking out the best looking year and model out there (though I may be a bit biased)

Old 06-08-2014, 08:01 AM
timberwolfz28
Road Master

Here you go: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ew-chrome.html

I had a few questions over time when I installed them, and I think most got answered here. So search my user name and look for threads I started in the months following that thread, it should help answer your questions.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:03 AM
rickeyxxx
Novice

thanks a bunch man, u have a beautiful bike!!! EXACTLY how I want my forks!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2014, 08:05 AM
rickeyxxx
Novice

Originally Posted by timberwolfz28
I put a raked wide glide front end from Demons on mine several years ago. Changed the looks drastically. I'll see if I can find the link to the thread I made when I bought it. Just put Todd's Cycle 12" apes on mine. I LOVE the look.

BTW, congrats on picking out the best looking year and model out there (though I may be a bit biased)
On your front wheel and front fender, did u have to get new ones when replacing the front end? If so I should be able to get the 21inch rim as well??

Last edited by rickeyxxx; 06-08-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:09 AM
timberwolfz28
Road Master

I used the stock fender. They make a spacer kit. I stayed with a narrow wheel but went with the Weld Recluse (mainly because a local shop owner had a few sets at a great price).

I know the rage these days is to make the bike look "thug" style and go fat tires and SOA t-bars. That just wasn't for me. You can certainly run a wider tire, but you may need to spread the fender mounts or swap it out for a different one.

If there's anything specific you want to see, I can take pics. Just let me know.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:13 AM
rickeyxxx
Novice
Default about the link!

is this the exact one?? http://www.demonscycle.com/chrome-fr...lide-2989.html

Old 06-08-2014, 08:20 AM
timberwolfz28
Road Master

yep! be sure to check out my threads. I think I swapped out the bearing cups for ones with an internal stop.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Hawk2K
6th Gear

I converted my '03 FXDL to a wide glide front end as well. I went with a 21" front rim with the stock fender. I used trees with a 7 deg rake bought from an online vender and 41 inch tubes and lowers from a '99 FXD.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:31 PM
kleinjas
1st Gear

Your bike is badazz. I have a few questions if you don't mind answering. What exhaust do you have? Also, are those lowered shocks in the rear? Is that the stock rear fender on your bike? Last, who made those wheels?

I have a 98 dyna that needs a face lift. I hate the rear fender on the wideglide so gonna replace it. I also want to replace the wheels so looking at options. Your bike is exactly what I want...lol

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2003 Dyna Low Rider Front End/Forks