Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble with passenger pegs on a SB

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Tau511
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with passenger pegs on a SB

Anyone have trouble installing the passenger pegs on a street bob? I got the left side done just fine but when I pulled the little plastic stopper and tried to put the bolt in for the right side it keeps getting stopped up. I used an air compressor to try to blow out any gunk and went again but no good. Anyone have this same problem/?

Old 06-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

No probs with mine, stock or aftermarket. I got rid of the stock ones and went with the Kuryakyn so I could put mini floorboards on the rear(without being crooked and at an odd angle) when the OL wants to ride. Both went on and come off fine. Try tapping the hole to clean the threads.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

Mine went on without a hitch (though obviously the left one was a little more involved).

Remember though that the mounts are not held onto the swing-arm with bolts, but are in fact self-tapping screws. The holes in the swingarm are not threaded, and the screws need to cut into the sides of the holes. Given that, two possibilities spring to mind:

(i) Because the holes in the swingarm are not tapped/threaded, there might be stray lumps of metal, powdercoat etc protruding from the sides of the hole, which might need to be gently removed with a drill bit.

(ii) You need to apply more-than-usual force downwards when starting the screw, so it gets some bight into the metal of the swing-arm. After it cuts in a turn or two, it should keep going fine.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:08 AM
Tau511
Advanced

Originally Posted by Davdoodles
Mine went on without a hitch (though obviously the left one was a little more involved).

Remember though that the mounts are not held onto the swing-arm with bolts, but are in fact self-tapping screws. The holes in the swingarm are not threaded, and the screws need to cut into the sides of the holes. Given that, two possibilities spring to mind:

(i) Because the holes in the swingarm are not tapped/threaded, there might be stray lumps of metal, powdercoat etc protruding from the sides of the hole, which might need to be gently removed with a drill bit.

(ii) You need to apply more-than-usual force downwards when starting the screw, so it gets some bight into the metal of the swing-arm. After it cuts in a turn or two, it should keep going fine.
Mine are actually threaded. The kit came with self tapping screws though.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:07 AM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

"Mine are actually threaded. The kit came with self tapping screws though."

Cool. Mine (2011 SB) probably were too then. I might have assumed they weren't because of the self-tappers. I do recall having to lean on at least one or two of them to get them started though...

Old 06-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Tau511
Advanced

Yeah I rode by the dealership where I bought the mounts today and had them look at it, they couldn't figure it out either. :/ said they'd set up an appointment for tomorrow and see if they can get it on. Never had so much trouble simply putting one bolt into a completely open space before.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:55 PM
rdss
Road Captain

Mine went on without any trouble as well, hopefully they get you taken care of tomorrow.