Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

national cycle deflector DX modification

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 03:50 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Default national cycle deflector DX modification

had my deflector DX clear screen on the shelf and it must have got knocked off. well drove my pickup out of garage and heard a loud crash in the rear of truck. bye bye screen . order a new tinted screen instead of a clear one and decided I wanted it setting lower on the lights. did not like the big gap over lights. marked it where it needed to be cut. and used my air cutoff wheel to cut it. and used a dye grinder to do the finish work. used two inch pieces of the bottom molding where it sets on top off the lights. Has a much cleaner look now.

Attached Thumbnails national cycle deflector DX modification-shield-1.jpg   national cycle deflector DX modification-shield-2.jpg   national cycle deflector DX modification-shield-3.jpg   national cycle deflector DX modification-shield-4.jpg  
Old 06-18-2014, 07:42 AM
dupmaronew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you like this screen? I was originally looking at a memphis shades sport shield but I saw these recently. How well does it hold up?

Old 06-18-2014, 08:09 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

A little hijack here. .I've found I don't use mine since my full face does such a good job with wind. It's the same as OP's, tinted DX. Sitting on my shelf in garage if someone wants to make a reasonable offer.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:18 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dupmaronew
How do you like this screen? I was originally looking at a memphis shades sport shield but I saw these recently. How well does it hold up?
it held up great but is not designed to be ran over by a pickup. don't like windshields that are big the factory one looks like sh$t . once i got it adjusted , it has to be out forward of the forks can't be inline with the angle of the forks. there is very little buffering at 80 mph on interstate. and no pressure on your chest . you can ride all day and are not wiped out. and if its the clear shield it hardly noticeable. only you it on longer trips with alot of interstate speeds.and works great on evening rides between 7:30 and after dark keeps the dam bugs out of your face.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:52 PM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great on the bike. I have the same screen and had planned to dremel off a few inches to fit it over the lights and then tint it but ended up going with a different fairing all together.

BTW, Those hard bags look awesome on you bike!

Old 06-18-2014, 07:09 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by AFONE
Looks great on the bike. I have the same screen and had planned to dremel off a few inches to fit it over the lights and then tint it but ended up going with a different fairing all together.

BTW, Those hard bags look awesome on you bike!
Thanks the bags make the bike now, getting quit alot of compliments on them