Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy new owner, question on mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 10:38 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Happy new owner, question on mods

Picked up the new Street Bob today. Extremely happy with my decision to forego replacing my destroyed 48 with a similar model (much as I liked it). The first 60 miles were a pleasure and while my wife feels the bike looks a little boring compared to the 48 there's no doubt that the ride feel is incredible and I'm one happy camper.

When it comes to mods I may have to wait for a bit but my main question is, if I put up the stock exhaust immediately (70 miles) for sale is there any real benefit financially vs. waiting for a while and then trying to sell them to help offset cost of new exhaust/intake? What can I expect to sell takeoff dyna exhaust. Pipes for anyway?

Not in a big hurry either way. Love the bike albeit the rumble is a little quiet but heck it doesn't mean anything right now the bike has all the power I need currently.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Dyna_Syx
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent choice. Welcome to the wonderful world of Dyna.

Not sure how much a stock exhaust take-off would sell for. There's a for sale section in this forum. Go to the dyna part of it.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:10 AM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

goodluck at selling the stock exhaust ebay,craigslist etc. is full of stock exhaust parts that dosen't sell to fast. jmho.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:31 AM
jjtroutbum
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would agree taking stocker muffs off is the first thing your doing I did most will do. You will also notice slip ons and full exhaust systems for sale at almost all outlets for sometimes next to nothing.

Take em off sooner than later and hold on to em to put back on at trade in time.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:39 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Welcome to HD Forums. We'll all corrupt you $$$$!

As far as stock exhausts don't expect to get much for it...I think I sold mine for $60.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:40 PM
HarleyScuba
Elite HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

It's good to see everything turned out for you. You're gonna love riding and modding the Street Bob.
I'm going to weld one of my stock mufflers onto my 6500 watt generator so I can enjoy TV easier when the power's out. I might make a bird feeder out of the other muffler. Maybe a lamp or coat rack.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:46 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyScuba
It's good to see everything turned out for you. You're gonna love riding and modding the Street Bob.
I'm going to weld one of my stock mufflers onto my 6500 watt generator so I can enjoy TV easier when the power's out. I might make a bird feeder out of the other muffler. Maybe a lamp or coat rack.
Thanks! I truly can't believe how nice and different of a ride feel this bike has compared to the 48 (which I really enjoyed). I mentioned in another thread, I can see how some with multiple bikes would want a sportster it's such a different feel but right now I'm still in "wow" mode.

Good call on the take off. I'll probably just keep them and seek them cheap at some point. I'm not in a hurry right now anyway and won't be able to modify for a while