Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2001 FXDXT T-Sport Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 12:03 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tat2dale
First thing to go was the 16" ape hangers. Replaced them with a set of K&N super bars on 9" risers with a 1/2" pull back using the stock handle bar clamp.
I plan to make my own riser set up this coming winter so this is a temporary set up.
Also replaced the headlight chrome trim ring with one that is black and upgraded the headlight to a new style one from a Street Bob.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I love those pullback risers with the gauges on them, that's in my future as well. Great looking bike man, looking forward to seeing your progress

Old 06-20-2014, 06:37 AM
Danofxdx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a T-Bar gauge mount clamp to my pull back risers to keep the Gauges in the proper location in relation to the faring, the only problem is I mounted my GPS to the handlebar clamp so it kind of obscures the idiot lights. I'll try and get some pictures and post them. I had originally modified a set of sportster risers with the mounting tabs for the speedo that worked well but the risers were defective and the bar was a little crooked, I would love to find another set of those but I have no idea what the part # is

Old 06-20-2014, 06:42 AM
Danofxdx
Road Captain
Old 06-20-2014, 06:46 AM
Danofxdx
Road Captain

This is what I used, I don't have as much rise as you have I have seen people that have rotated the gauges and mounted them under the the bars instead of on top.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:49 AM
hutch08
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been thinking about swapping my straight risers for pullbacks.. Everyone I know that runs them says its much more comfortable.

Looks good man, interested to see how the gauges mount up next to the fairing though, on my 8" straight risers the gauges just barely touch the shield when its cranked all the way in. I ride that way occasionally so I'd rather not interfer with it.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Tat2dale
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Next I took off the forward controls and sold them. I picked up a set of used mids at the "world famous" Moose Jaw swap meet this spring and then powder coated them black.

I also used a West Coast Choppers short shifter linkage arm that I got anodized black.
Took off the stock clutch cable and side cover and replaced it with a Baker hydraulic cover and got a new HD slave cyl from a Vrod off of ebay.

Replaced the stock mirrors with a set of Todd's Cycle mirrors.

Replaced the stock turn signal lights with a set of Joker Machine LED lights using a Kuryakyn load equalizer.

Decided to go with Avon grips.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 06-21-2014, 09:44 PM
coastie743
Advanced

I dig those turn signals!

Old 06-21-2014, 11:05 PM
Scott Smith
Novice

Nice bike! I just bought a 2000 FXDX after a 2 year search. I couldn't deal with the mid controls too cramped up. Mine has the stock handlebars that kind of a reach. I like your setup. What fairing are you putting on? I hear about a lot of buffeting from the fairings.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:15 AM
Tat2dale
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Scott Smith
What fairing are you putting on? I hear about a lot of buffeting from the fairings.
The Stock one.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:11 PM
Tat2dale
Cruiser

Replaced the front brakes with some Brembo take offs from a 2011 Roadking.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: My 2001 FXDXT T-Sport Modifications