Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removing security?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:44 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts
Default removing security?

I just picked up my 2014 low rider. Eveything is great with the bike. I ordered the bike without a security system and it came in with a security system. They did not charge me for it or anything but i actually really dont want it on there at all. The salesman said he could have he service department disable it and to just bring it in next week. So does any body know if they can actually remove the security from the bike or is disabaling it the best im going to get.

I really would like for it to be removed.

I know some people will be wondering why i dont just take the free security so i might as well explain now, a few reasons

- i just dont want to have to mess with the fob, i dont want to have to think about it getting wet or breaking or the battery going dead or anything

- i dont want anything on the bike that has the ability to disable it, electronics fail constantly. this happened on my wifes new 2011 mustang and we had to have the car towed to the deakership

- i just dont want any extra crap on the bike

Old 06-15-2014, 10:36 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

I was told by my local dealer that you can remove it but you have to replace the security module with some other module, can't remember what its called.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:37 PM
dynafatbob
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up security

Originally Posted by hell hound
I just picked up my 2014 low rider. Eveything is great with the bike. I ordered the bike without a security system and it came in with a security system. They did not charge me for it or anything but i actually really dont want it on there at all. The salesman said he could have he service department disable it and to just bring it in next week. So does any body know if they can actually remove the security from the bike or is disabaling it the best im going to get.

I really would like for it to be removed.

I know some people will be wondering why i dont just take the free security so i might as well explain now, a few reasons

- i just dont want to have to mess with the fob, i dont want to have to think about it getting wet or breaking or the battery going dead or anything

- i dont want anything on the bike that has the ability to disable it, electronics fail constantly. this happened on my wifes new 2011 mustang and we had to have the car towed to the deakership

- i just dont want any extra crap on the bike
Yes you can remove it totally, you just get a bypass module installed in its place.
the fob you should have got is totally water proof so no worries there...
youe decision though,but when its time to sell.it will be worth more with it all in place....

Old 06-16-2014, 12:00 AM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Replace the TSSM (turn signal security module) with a TSM (Turn signal Module)
problem solved

Old 06-16-2014, 05:27 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal64hd
Replace the TSSM (turn signal security module) with a TSM (Turn signal Module)
problem solved
Ding! This guy has the answer. Replace the Turn Signal Security Module with a Turn Signal Module and use the process in a thread here for re-programing. Or, swap them out in the dealer parking lot and have them reprogram the bike. Either way, the re-programing has to be done or the bike won't start. The ECM knows the bike has security and won't let the bike be stolen by merely changing the TSM. The change is well worth it (a new TSM is about 100.00) as the proximity security system uses battery every time a proximity key comes into range (ANY proximity key) when parked.

You can usually frond someone here on the forums to buy your used TSSM & fobs if you're gonna keep the bike. If you're a trader, keep it in a box and sell/trade it with the bike.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:00 AM
CouchMaster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the bike back and tell them that you want the bike you ordered!

Old 06-16-2014, 10:53 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

no problem here
dealer said they will remove it from the bike like it was never there and they are happy to do it since they can install it on another bike. I dont care what they do with it because i didn't get charged for it. We just decided to wait and do it at the 1000 service so i only have to bring the bike in once

Old 06-16-2014, 11:56 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just picked up my 2014 low rider. Eveything is great with the bike. I ordered the bike without a security system and it came in with a security system. They did not charge me for it or anything but i actually really dont want it on there at all. The salesman said he could have he service department disable it and to just bring it in next week. So does any body know if they can actually remove the security from the bike or is disabaling it the best im going to get. I really would like for it to be removed. I know some people will be wondering why i dont just take the free security so i might as well explain now, a few reasons - i just dont want to have to mess with the fob, i dont want to have to think about it getting wet or breaking or the battery going dead or anything - i dont want anything on the bike that has the ability to disable it, electronics fail constantly. this happened on my wifes new 2011 mustang and we had to have the car towed to the deakership - i just dont want any extra crap on the bike
I'll take the security off u if u get rid of it

Old 06-17-2014, 12:55 AM
Slvr764
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just picked up my 2014 low rider. Eveything is great with the bike. I ordered the bike without a security system and it came in with a security system. They did not charge me for it or anything but i actually really dont want it on there at all. The salesman said he could have he service department disable it and to just bring it in next week. So does any body know if they can actually remove the security from the bike or is disabaling it the best im going to get. I really would like for it to be removed. I know some people will be wondering why i dont just take the free security so i might as well explain now, a few reasons - i just dont want to have to mess with the fob, i dont want to have to think about it getting wet or breaking or the battery going dead or anything - i dont want anything on the bike that has the ability to disable it, electronics fail constantly. this happened on my wifes new 2011 mustang and we had to have the car towed to the deakership - i just dont want any extra crap on the bike

I can see you starting a thread sometime in the future crying foul when someone drives away with your bike....

Old 06-17-2014, 06:54 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

anyone that would ride off or push off a bike would be stopped by the fork lock

anyone that wanted to steal a bike by pushing it over onto a trailer doesnt care it they smash the blinkers in 15 seconds

your security system is a joke that has a lot of potential of causing you a problem at some point

Quick Reply: removing security?