Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatBob decel popping

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 07:14 AM
jluda
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FatBob decel popping

Hey guys, long time lurker here. I have had some issues with my 2014 Fatbob decel popping.. My current mods are

SE stage 1 intake,
Thunderheader 2-1 pipe
Power Commander V from fuelmoto (outstanding customer service by the way!)

I have contacted them about the popping,(Only posting this on here cause they are closed during the weekends.) and they sent me a updated map adding some fuel in 0% throttle position. Its at 25 currently and I am still getting the pop. Anyone know if i can/should adding fuel til the decel popping is gone, or know of any other issues it could be? All my nuts and bolts are tight, so I know i dont have any exhaust leaks.

Thanks guys!

Old 06-21-2014, 08:48 AM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you just need to let Fuel Moto help tweak your settings, generally they are right on but you apparently need a little more adjustment.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:58 AM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Decel Popping.....

Originally Posted by jluda
Hey guys, long time lurker here. I have had some issues with my 2014 Fatbob decel popping.. My current mods are

SE stage 1 intake,
Thunderheader 2-1 pipe
Power Commander V from fuelmoto (outstanding customer service by the way!)

I have contacted them about the popping,(Only posting this on here cause they are closed during the weekends.) and they sent me a updated map adding some fuel in 0% throttle position. Its at 25 currently and I am still getting the pop. Anyone know if i can/should adding fuel til the decel popping is gone, or know of any other issues it could be? All my nuts and bolts are tight, so I know i dont have any exhaust leaks.

Thanks guys!
The stock ECM is programmed with a fuel cut setting when in the off throttle position, not sure how the PCV handles that since it is a plug and play unit.
The decel popping may not be from lack of fuel, but may in fact be from to much fuel when moving to the off throttle position.
Not really sure how Fuelmoto will handle that.
I went with the ThunderMax auto Tuner, which you can change settings for the fuel cut and control the decel popping, which I have had none since the install.
You may be able to control the popping by coming off throttle slowly instead of dumping it, if that is what you are doing. By slowly coming off throttle it will control the amount of fuel being fed into the system.
Not sure what else I can say, maybe fuelmoto has the answer for your.

Live Free = Ride Free...........

Old 06-21-2014, 07:17 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried adding fuel while keeping contact with keith at fuel moto. It helped a bit but at a certain point too much fuel was making it worse so I had to revert. Now a TH is a pretty big exhaust you almost have to expect recursion and poppin for a while until some carbon starts to build up in the pipe and soak up some of that fuel so it can't pop! After all there is no harm or damage occuring form decel pop. And when it goes away you may actually miss it!