Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Streetbob Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 03:47 PM
tikiman1124
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Streetbob Exhaust

I know this topic probably reoccurs but i'm a first time owner of a bike. I want to dump the stock exhaust it's just not loud enough. I'm looking to get the vance and hines shortshots but i've heard from other friends that i would have to get my bike remapped. Does that sound right with just swapping an exhaust and not putting a tuner on it. Also i plan on doing it myself definitely not taking it to the harley shop to put the exhaust on, when i put my own exhaust on for free rather than paying them anymore i don't have to.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Ernst
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My advice would be to call Fuel Moto and just do the stage 1 package (intake/tuner/exhaust). It's not difficult and you'll be glad you did.

I have a DK Customs Outlaw, Shortshots, and a Fuel Moto pre-mapped PC-V on my Bob. Never regretted it for a second!

Old 06-23-2014, 04:33 PM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on wanting more sound from my SB exhaust. I'm looking at a set of LA Choppers slipons and air cleaner cover (with a V&H FP3)

Old 06-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,633 Likes on 781 Posts
Default More sound only?

If you are just looking to wake up the bike a little and make it sound like a Harley you can do it on the cheap while you ride and decide what mods to do in the future. I bought a "like new" set of Vance and Hines Slipons from a forum member for $150 with shipping. I also bought a pair of XIED's from Nightrider.com for $105. Bike sounds great and runs at a much cooler temp while I decide what my next mod will be. The XIED's will NOT eliminate the decel popping but does cut it down somewhat. When you decide to make real changes you can sell the Slipons as well as the XIED's. It's called recycling.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:31 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Short shots are the cheapest way to get to loud, but they rob some performance IMO, but that said, that can be minimized with a good tune. So.......YES. I agree with a previous poster who referred you to FM. Probably a good option to explore. Do the whole stage 1 at once.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:06 PM
betho61
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

i'm in the same situation as want a little more sound from stock exhaust on my SB, but i have to wait til i can save up some cash for diff exhaust, but i've read on a few forums about drilling a 1/2" - 1" hole in ctr of inside muffler, will that hurt anything til i can swap out for diff. system?

Old 06-29-2014, 09:35 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to thread hack but, I recently have a set of Vance and Hines Straight Shots slip ons for sale if you are interested PM me we can work out a price

Old 07-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Foothill rider
Stage III

Did you sell them yet. Olrider

Old 07-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Foothill rider
Stage III

Doesn't hurt. But ca. has cat. converts in the mufflers, don't know about co. You might want to check first. Very expensive mufflers. I bought a set of stock 06 dyna mufflers off e-bay. Drilled them out not enough increase in sound for me.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:49 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Foothill rider
Did you sell them yet. Olrider
Still got the slip ons

Quick Reply: 2014 Streetbob Exhaust