Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'13 Fat Bob help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 03:02 PM
ArmyRXP
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '13 Fat Bob help

Hi,

I have a '13 Fat Bob and would like some help here. I did get the extended warranty thru HD adn have questions, I am planning to do the exhaust with the V&H 2 into 1 or maybe slip-ons and would like to put on a better filter system. I know I would have to get it tuned but not sure which tuner to go with to not void the warranty. Also looking at going with a cam swap for the SE 255s. Just want to know if there are any other recommendations as I ride two up with the wife. It rides great just wondering if the cam swap is something to do or just wait. Most riding here in Hawaii is around the 45mph range but do get the chance to crank it up but not too often. Also how low is a good idle as it is it idles around 1000rpm now. Also as it is stock I get spark knock when blurping the throttle to take off, I have used all the levels of gas here in Hawaii but still get this knock will the programer get rid of this or is it just something to live with? Thanks for the input.

Gary

Old 06-24-2014, 03:46 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mod's..........

Originally Posted by ArmyRXP
Hi,

I have a '13 Fat Bob and would like some help here. I did get the extended warranty thru HD adn have questions, I am planning to do the exhaust with the V&H 2 into 1 or maybe slip-ons and would like to put on a better filter system. I know I would have to get it tuned but not sure which tuner to go with to not void the warranty. Also looking at going with a cam swap for the SE 255s. Just want to know if there are any other recommendations as I ride two up with the wife. It rides great just wondering if the cam swap is something to do or just wait. Most riding here in Hawaii is around the 45mph range but do get the chance to crank it up but not too often. Also how low is a good idle as it is it idles around 1000rpm now. Also as it is stock I get spark knock when blurping the throttle to take off, I have used all the levels of gas here in Hawaii but still get this knock will the programer get rid of this or is it just something to live with? Thanks for the input.

Gary
Gary,

Love the Bike......Got one just like it..................

There are a lot of ways to go, but its all what you want to spend........

Idle speed is perfect for the stock ECM...........

Fuel consistency is problematic where ever you are, I use Lucas Octane + in my tank and have no issue's.

Take a look at the bottom of the post and see what I have done to mine....

If you have any questions LMK...........

Live Free = Ride Free............

Old 06-24-2014, 03:57 PM
bsljacques
Tourer

Hello Gary,

I have a 2011 Fat Bob and I ride two up quite a bit. I did go with fuelmoto stage 1 package after many hours of research and had a PC3 tuned to my V&H Straight Shot pipe and Fuel Moto intake. I noticed some torque loss so I added DK TTI's (lollypops) in the ends of the pipes and regained my torque without loss of sound. I later added the SE255 cams to get more low end when two up riding and make 6th gear more useful under 70mph. Over all I am very happy with my mods and love the loads of torque down low.

I ended up with a dyno tune after the cams and my bike just runs down right awesome! So yes a programmer can help but a dyno tune is even better!

Hope that helps a bit.....

Old 06-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Pappy1955
Advanced
Default 2012 fxdf

I had my dealer (Cape Fear HD, Fayetteville, NC) install V&H Big Shots, Arlen Ness Big Sucker and SE Racing Tuner on my Fattie. Love the look of the pipes, and really like the sound. Best of luck with whatever you go with!

Pappy

P.S. I need a new pic...I know.
P.S.S. Never rode her two-up.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:04 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

My recommendation would be to slow down and spend about a month "Searching" threads here and learn as much as you can. The more you learn, the better your decisions will be. There is a ton of good info to be had here but it does take some time to sift it out.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:50 PM
ArmyRXP
Intermediate

Agree with you HD Pilot, biggest thing is not to void my warranty. I have the parts in mind just witht he warranty will HD offer it even if I do not use the SE tuner? My dealer here in Hawaii has said only HD and since they are the only dealer on island now really makes you take a step back and think.
My biggest thing is I would like the better torque while riding two upas most speed here is 45-50 and hilly so not to jerk wife around (she doesn't like getting thrown all over) downshifting would jsut be better to throttle on.
Looking at the V&H 2 into 1 exhaust, Arlen Ness Inverted air cleaner (black) just wanted to know tuner wise and if the 255 or 204 cams which ones to use.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Gary

Old 07-02-2014, 06:34 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Swap out anything you want your dealer should not be so **** as to refuse you the right to make changes. I had the 255's for a while they pull hard down low and were specifically designed for heavier bikes. The 204's were developed later for lighter bikes who want to screech and burn down every road they see! ( 'cording to what I'm told, but let me put it this way > do you think your dealer has time to pull your pipes and cam chest open to examine which cams your using before he does any warranty work? lol he won't even look for a tuner or even ask you jack shcitt when you bring the bike in. But about the best tuner out there is a dynojet powervision which does not need to stay on the bike but for tuning reasons then you can leave it sleeping at home until you need it again.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:50 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah, definitely have to make a decision:

1) Work with your HD dealer so as to be ultra safe with your warrantee

2) Hand pick the best parts for your build and possibly create some warrantee issues if something breaks.

Both choices have pluses and minuses, I personally selected 2) but you will have to decide for yourself.

If you go with HD stuff, I would definitely go with the "Pro" tuner over the "Street" tuner.

If you decide to pick your parts, I would have a look at the Andrews 57 cams and the Power Vision tuner.

Last edited by HD Pilot; 07-02-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:01 AM
dynafatbob
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up fat bob awsome bike

i agree with madghost,
i had the S.E. sepst fitted from the dealer, but swapped out to power vision, a lot better,and u can swap back to the original tune in the ECM if needed for service, no probs there,takes about 1 min to do....
and leaves bike all good for the warrenty,if needed.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:02 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,459 Likes on 1,406 Posts

I did Stage 1 on my FatBob with DK Customs air intake, D&D exhaust and PowerVision tuner. Just took the bike in to the dealer this week for it's first service and the dealer never batted an eyelid other than to compliment me on the choice of parts, how cool the bike looked and how well it ran.

So I probably wouldn't worry about warranty issues on the Stage 1 components - obviously the HD warranty won't cover those parts, but that's it.

Quick Reply: '13 Fat Bob help