Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob fwd controls with Kuryaken intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:13 PM
DRAGIN
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob fwd controls with Kuryaken intake

Hey all,

I've got a Kuryaken Hypercharger R intake on my bike (love it btw since I hear people don't like it) but it sticks out kinda far. Anyone have this with forward controls. I'm wondering if it's gonna get in the way in the knee area if I switch from mids to fwds.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:16 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAGIN
Hey all,

I've got a Kuryaken Hypercharger R intake on my bike (love it btw since I hear people don't like it) but it sticks out kinda far. Anyone have this with forward controls. I'm wondering if it's gonna get in the way in the knee area if I switch from mids to fwds.
Looks like it sticks out further than the stock football intake. I HATED that thing until I got rid of it (2014 FXDF). Really didn't like the interference with my knee at all, it felt like my foot was getting pushed off the forward peg.

I think you might have the same problem unless you have very short legs.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:39 PM
DRAGIN
Advanced

I'm like 5'8ish.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:22 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAGIN
I'm like 5'8ish.
You are exactly the same as me then. I wear a 31-32 inseam depending on what jeans I'm wearing.

I'd go and sit on a bike with forwards and the stock air intake at a dealership and see how it feels - then imagine your knee would probably be further outboard with the Kury a/c. You might also measure the depth of the stock vs. Kury a/c because I have no idea if it IS more obstructive than the stock or not - it just looks like it sticks out further.

Bear in mind that with me, the problem wasn't something that was apparent immediately - I only really noticed a problem with it on rides longer than an hour or so.

I put a DK Customs a/c on my bike for the reason that the bulk of the a/c is shifted way forward and the area where the stock a/c used to be is now freed up for my leg. It feels much better like this. Right leg is now as close to the bike as the left.

It might be worth considering changing your a/c when you do the forwards.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:40 PM
DRAGIN
Advanced

Yea I'm thinking that I'll go for the fwd's and if there is a problem either extend the pegs furthur outboard or change the intake to a heavy breather.