Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power comander vs HD race tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:47 AM
92-yotaboy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power comander vs HD race tuner

I know there's numerous threads on hear on this same subject and I feel like I've read them all. The threads that I've read don't really fit my situation perfectly so I figured I'd make my own thread.

I've got a 2009 dyna lowrider, had the bike little over a year now. 13k on the ticker, V&H Shortshots, Big sucker, with V&H fuel pack. I'm not entirely happy with the current setup, I've been in contact with the customer support numerous times trying to get the fuel pack dialed in and I've never been able to get it quite right. Right now #2 cylinder is running more rich then #1, the bike just feels under powered. My dad has a fat bob with almost the exact same setup except he has the HD race tuner he pulls away from me pretty easily. Could be the rider (doubtful considering he ways 100lbs more then me). I've been debating with my dad about getting the power comander over the HD race tuner mainly because the bike is going to have the stock 96ci for ever and I don't want to pay another 400$ to have harley tune her for me again. I haven't heard anything bad about the PC I just need someone to help persuade myself one way or another.

And a thread is useless without pictures.....

Thanks for all the help
T

Old 06-28-2014, 08:22 AM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First thing should be throwing away those garbage short shots. They are the worst power robbing exhaust made. Get a good 2into1 first. And then why not get the power vision instead? Its far easier and don't need to hook up to a computer to tune. Plus you can use it for guages for engine temp, rpm ect.

Last edited by fxdc rider; 06-28-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:49 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,459 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Seconded on the Power Vision. And buy it from Fuel Moto. That way you will get their awesome customer service and free custom map support for life.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:51 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

the race tuner is a couple of hundred anyway right, plus you need it tuned by HD so count on 600$ is my guess. Plus if you change something you have to get back and re-tune it.

Power commanders are still good but obselete as they need to stay on the bike at all times and if it gets wet your stuck cleaning it out, sometimes right by the side of the road.

powervision has taken over as it has many more tuning options but doesn't necessarily need to stay on the bike. Check out fuelmotousa on monday to see what they have to offer. I know they had a sale going where if you turned in your old tuner they cut you a deal on the PV.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:43 PM
92-yotaboy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard mixed reviews on the SS some good some bad. I'd definitely be inclined to getting a 2n1 exhaust but honestly have yet to see one that would look good on my bike. If I get the PCv the auto tune kit plugs into it right?

Old 06-29-2014, 12:02 AM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 92-yotaboy
I've heard mixed reviews on the SS some good some bad. I'd definitely be inclined to getting a 2n1 exhaust but honestly have yet to see one that would look good on my bike. If I get the PCv the auto tune kit plugs into it right?
the auto tune kit plugs into the pc5 but uses bigger wide band o2 sensors that you will have to weld the bigger o2 bungs in any exhaust system to run it. honestly you cant beat the PV, its far superior to the pc5 in every way

Old 06-29-2014, 12:03 AM
glock35
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Highly recommend the PowerVision. I recentely returned my FuelPak FP3 to Vance and Hines and bought the PV. The PV is outstanding! Super easy to install and very easy to use. I also have the SS's on my Dyna and will be soon replacing with a 2 into 1. Even with the SS's, the PV was able to make my bike run much better and smoother. I purchased from Fuel Moto and the map they sent was really close out of the box. I ran one autotune session and now it is really good.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:23 AM
Ernst
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the pre-mapped PC-V from Fuel Moto for my setup and have never had a single problem with it. Love the way it runs!

Old 06-29-2014, 02:57 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 92-yotaboy
Yes the AT plugs right in and the bungs are included in the AT package. You will just need to weld them in. I didn't need to use mine since my pipe was for my '08.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:18 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,459 Likes on 1,406 Posts

But you can also do auto tune with the Powervision alone and the standard 02 sensors. You don't need to buy the add on auto tune module unless you really want to.

Quick Reply: Power comander vs HD race tuner