Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshields for a Super Glide

Old 06-28-2014, 05:30 PM
flyboyron
Road Warrior
Received 262 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Windshields for a Super Glide

Looking at the HD website, I see the windshields that will fit my Super Glide.

Tough making a decision by looking at pictures.

If you have a Super Glide, did you buy a windshield....and which one did you get?

Maybe you got another brand?

Old 06-28-2014, 08:05 PM
JustsoIcanupvotethis
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this one I got from the Dyna parts classifieds here and am pretty happy with it. The quick release is the best part of it. I leave it off when I am just riding around town but it is nice to have when you are out getting some miles on the bike. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-20-5834606--1

Old 06-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Jack Russell
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default quick detachable winshield

I bought the low smoked one from HD. it works for me but I am only 5'7" I personally like to look over it. If you are taller you may want to take that into consideration.The great thing is i can move the shield up or down a few inches on the forks.

Attached Thumbnails Windshields for a Super Glide-img00254-20120522-1624.jpg   Windshields for a Super Glide-img00255-20120522-1625.jpg  
Old 06-28-2014, 08:57 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

On our Dyna bikes we don't care for a windshield but I did want some protection. Buffeting.
I am using this on both of em.

I like it a lot. I have no buffeting at all with it; helmet swag.
Good part is the price and ez of installation.
Amazon.com: Slipstreamer HD-3 Tombstone Windshield - Tint HD-3 SMOKE: Automotive Amazon.com: Slipstreamer HD-3 Tombstone Windshield - Tint HD-3 SMOKE: Automotive

Old 06-28-2014, 09:43 PM
wyotana
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a HD quick detatch on my super glide I use for long rides. The buffeting that comes up under the windshield and around the tank is almost worse than having no windshield at all for me.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:16 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

windvest is the only way to go...

Old 06-29-2014, 12:37 AM
Ape_Hanger
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine is a factory HD windshield that collects dust in my shop because I never use it. Nothing wrong with it, I just don't like to run a windshield.

I hear good things about the Nation Cycle Spartan, which is relatively inexpensive.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:42 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,631 Likes on 780 Posts

I use the HD Low Smoked quick detach. I run with the top of it level with my nose so I look over it. It does it's job of keeping the pressure off my chest. Does not work like a fairing. I also have an HD windshield bag on mine which holds my wallet, IPHONE and EZ Pass. Very convenient.

Attached Thumbnails Windshields for a Super Glide-image.jpg  
Old 06-29-2014, 11:17 AM
boro
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I use the same one as JustSo: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-20-5834606--1. The windshield is 18". I am 6' and torso is approx. normal height. It maybe could be an inch shorter for somone else the same size, but I like that it keeps me sitting upright most of the time (better for my back.) The middle top comes up to the bottom of my eyeline. Bought it about a month ago, and haven't taken it off since. I have a pv unit and gps on the handlebars that the windshield protects. I feel wind coming up from the knees, like everyone else, but it is refreshing for me.

Last edited by boro; 06-29-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:28 PM
echoicse
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a H.D. detachable windshield for auxiliary lights with a H.D. windshield bag. Like others have noted I do get buffeting from extreme wind. But that would be expected on the open highways that I travel on. I personally like the protection that the windshield gives me from flying stones off of per dump trucks, etc. Once traveling back from Stan's H.D. I literally ran into a swarm of grasshoppers! I was indeed happy that I had a windshield to protect myself! Didn't mind at all after I got home to clean my windshield and rest of bike from that encounter!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Windshields for a Super Glide