Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Exhaust - Backfiring & Popping

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 12:38 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never heard of Parallels for Mac. I will have to check it out. Is this software easy to use?

Old 07-02-2014, 01:25 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,459 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by 2>4
I have never heard of Parallels for Mac. I will have to check it out. Is this software easy to use?
Yeah - it's dead easy. You just install it, then feed it a copy of Windows of whatever flavour you require and bingo. You now have a Windows machine that you can run in a (Mac) window on your Mac.

Works perfectly - and is the most stable Windows machine I have ever had! No blue screens, rebooting or other crap.

Of course, you do need to buy a copy of Parallels, and have a Windows install CD/USB key/.iso file to install Windows with, but pretty much everybody on the planet has an old copy of Windows somewhere....and if not, there are <cough> less than legit copies freely available on the net.

Here's a pic of a Windows XP machine in Parallels running my Power Vision software while I wrote this message....

Name:  Parallels.jpg
Views: 1260
Size:  120.8 KB

Old 07-02-2014, 02:57 PM
2>4
Road Captain

Thanks adm. That looks pretty cool. You learn something everyday.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:01 AM
LadyRiderCoach
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Hello

I wanted to provide an update. I contacted a local mechanic whom works specfically on Harley Davidson Motorcycles. His name is Dean Unicume. Dean works privately now, and no longer works through a HD Dealership. His name is well known and he is considered by many the expert - the go to man. I contacted Dean and shared my situation about the Street Bob. He invited me to come on down that very day, and he assured me he would fix the popping and backfiring. When I brought Dean the Street Bob, he knew what he would find with it, and he said he'd fix it right away. Without putting the mc on a dyno, he street mapped it, took it out on a few rides, played with the computer and gave me back my bike - all within 1 hour. The street bob doesn't backfire or pop or misbehave in any way now, and I did not need a dyno. Dean said I have a sweet bike in th Street Bob, that it is perfect for me and the exhaust I chose for it is one he has fitted very often and regards highly. I am so darn pleased. I ran into Dean the other day, and thanked him again and again. I asked him if he would be ok if I provided his contact number here on this forum. He smiled his appreciation. Dean Unicum's company is : Vancouver Island Performance. His cell is: 250-701-1751. email is: deanvip@hotmail.ca. Thank you once again for all of your support and words of advice. Without your providing me your input, I may well have taken the bike back to the Harley Davidson Dealership, and I can be quite certain, I would have paid them another $700 or more and not have the problem fixed. Dean charged me one hour of his time...and the problem is gone - completely. No popping and no backfiring - at all. Hugs to all. Thanking you with the greatest of appreciations. Be blessed.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:03 AM
2>4
Road Captain

I am glad it all worked out for you. What tuner did you use?

Old 07-22-2014, 12:00 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Great turn out, gotta love Canuk friendliness!

Old 07-22-2014, 02:43 PM
LadyRiderCoach
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2>4
I am glad it all worked out for you. What tuner did you use?
I used what I had to purchase through Harley Dealership. Super Tuner.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:44 PM
hdng
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ok we need some help

My son has a 2002 fxdx dyna all stock except for the exhaust which is a thunder header and open air filter
The problem is coming off of cruise speed with closed throttle it back fires out the pipes. we have resealed the exhaust so its not an exhaust leak sucking air. There is a jet kit but damn 100 bucks for 2 jets and some instructions, Someone out there as had to do this already. What size jets did you use and where did you put the needle at.

Thanks everyone

Old 07-23-2014, 09:48 AM
2>4
Road Captain

hdng, you may want to start a new thread since this one is regarding newer dynas with fuel injection. You will get more help that way.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:58 AM
LadyRiderCoach
Advanced

Originally Posted by hdng
My son has a 2002 fxdx dyna all stock except for the exhaust which is a thunder header and open air filter
The problem is coming off of cruise speed with closed throttle it back fires out the pipes. we have resealed the exhaust so its not an exhaust leak sucking air. There is a jet kit but damn 100 bucks for 2 jets and some instructions, Someone out there as had to do this already. What size jets did you use and where did you put the needle at.

Thanks everyone
Hi, I don't know about what was done. I had Dean, do it for me. He is open to anyone to contact him. His contact is: Dean Unicum's company is : Vancouver Island Performance. His cell is: 250-701-1751. email is: deanvip@hotmail.ca.

good luck

Quick Reply: Dyna Exhaust - Backfiring & Popping