Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best slip ons for my fat bob

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 07:36 PM
ChazOutlaw
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best slip ons for my fat bob

I just rolled a '14 fat bob off the showroom yesterday morning. I love this bike. I don't plan on any changes other than grips. But the sound has to go. I don't want to remove the Cat, or change the stock pipe layout. I toyed with the idea of taking out the baffles, But would rather invest in some good slip ons.
What are the best slip ons for a brand new Dyna? I want volume. But not obnoxious open pipe racket. I bought what I think is one of the meanest looking bikes out there..and hate that it sounds like a jap cruiser...I've actually stalled it leaving a redlight in a small pack of bikes. Because I couldn't hear the thing. Which gave all my buddies a good laugh.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:58 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to HD Forum. All I really want to say is many, many folks start with slip-ons then move on to a full exhaust(me included), so what I am getting at is this - you should be able to find some used slip-ons for a very nice price.

I had Rush slip-ons, they were fine I guess but I did not keep them on very long.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:00 PM
will227457
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rinehart slip ons...expensive but sweet as hell

Old 06-30-2014, 07:21 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Congratulations on the new bike - I think the FXDF is the meanest looking Dyna for sure.

I hated the sound of the stock pipes and found a nearly new pair of Khrome Werks HP Plus slash cut slip ons. They gave the sound I was looking for - deep and boomy. They are currently about to finish on eBay - but as I am in the UK, postage would be excessive. Still there should be others closer to you.... (sorry about the crappy photo, but you get the general idea)

But I ended up swapping them out for a 2:1 - and I think it makes the bike look even meaner than the stock pipes. Plus I wasn't a big fan of the layout or chrome appearance of the stock set up. Now it sounds even better and goes faster too!

I think my point is.....you'll probably get bitten by the upgrade bug!

Old 06-30-2014, 08:01 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to HD Forum. All I really want to say is many, many folks start with slip-ons then move on to a full exhaust(me included), so what I am getting at is this - you should be able to find some used slip-ons for a very nice price.

I had Rush slip-ons, they were fine I guess but I did not keep them on very long.
Same here. I used Rush slip-ons and I was fairly content with them as a slip-on. That was two exhausts ago. I hope you enjoy your FXDF as much as I do mine.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:00 AM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Slip On's...........

Originally Posted by ChazOutlaw
I just rolled a '14 fat bob off the showroom yesterday morning. I love this bike. I don't plan on any changes other than grips. But the sound has to go. I don't want to remove the Cat, or change the stock pipe layout. I toyed with the idea of taking out the baffles, But would rather invest in some good slip ons.
What are the best slip ons for a brand new Dyna? I want volume. But not obnoxious open pipe racket. I bought what I think is one of the meanest looking bikes out there..and hate that it sounds like a jap cruiser...I've actually stalled it leaving a redlight in a small pack of bikes. Because I couldn't hear the thing. Which gave all my buddies a good laugh.
I do agree with the rest of the member's as to full exhaust !!!!!!
But, I ran the Freedom Signature Performance Slip On's for about 800 mile's before going to the Rinehart 2 into 1 full exhaust.........
The Freedom slip on's did in fact open her up a lot and had great sound......
Here are a some of pic's of both.....

Best slip ons for my fat bob-img_0109.jpg

Best slip ons for my fat bob-photo-muff-1.jpg

Best slip ons for my fat bob-photo-muff-3.jpg

Best slip ons for my fat bob-photo-6-new-pic.jpg

Live Free = Ride Free.............

Old 06-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Staylebait
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put some Rush 3" slip-ons on mine and it sounds amazing.

Sorry at work so don't have some pics to show you of them.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:51 AM
fatrobbert
Advanced

When I got my Fat Bob I did the Cycle Shack Baffle mod to my stock mufflers, because I knew with the cat in there I wasn't going to get the sound I wanted. I was right. After 100 miles I switched head pipes to non cat pipes.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post10099602

Heres the thread I used for info on the baffle swap

Old 06-30-2014, 10:11 AM
fatbob13
Novice

Congrats on your new fatbob. I love mine. I went with rc components and love them. Good sound but not too loud. Love the looks too.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:17 AM
fatbob13
Novice

Here's a pic

Attached Thumbnails Best slip ons for my fat bob-received_m_mid_1395967810831_ccc961ee9800e47d18_0.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best slip ons for my fat bob