Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet Another Seat Story

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 01:12 PM
MiniMe1969
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yet Another Seat Story

So I was running a Mustang day tripper on my '07 Low Rider. Loved the looks, and it put me right in the "pocket" where I was comfortable with reach and flat footed (I'm short). Problem was, after about 100 miles, my back was killing me. Ride 500 miles to Rolling Thunder and back and was popping Motrin when I got back.

Switched to a Mustang Vintage Wide Solo seat I picked up on Ebay for $150. What a difference.....just got back from a 860 mile round trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains and feeling fine. Just a little knot between my shoulder blades that I can't figure out. With this seat, I could have done a few hundred more with no problem.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:24 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Great to hear! I had a mustang vintage on my 48 for a brief amount of time. For some reason it would pinch the nerves under my thigh and my entire left leg would go numb. Luckily I was able send it back for refund, must have just not been the right shape for me on that bike. I replaced it with a Danny gray that worked better. Now that I'm on the Street Bob with its different positioning I need to get a new seat and am thinking of giving the vintage a try again. I did like the padding

Old 06-30-2014, 04:02 PM
fatrobbert
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you like it, I have the Wide Vintage 2-up, very comfortable still have yet to ride a distance but will be going to Sturgis this year, 1079 mile round trip plus easily 1,000 miles riding trough the hills. So we will really test the seat then. Last year killed my back and butt on a stock super glide custom seat.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:22 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Been shopping for a new cozy seat for my wife's dyna... dude those all look like 400 dollar seats on ebay! you got a deal!

Old 06-30-2014, 07:00 PM
MiniMe1969
Cruiser

If you want to try the wide vintage, the one I found was without the removable backrest, which normally run around $250 new (there was someone on this forum selling one recently). If you get the wide vintage solo with the backrest, I couldn't find one for less than $400.

Pulled the bars back a little, and that helped with that knot between the shoulderblades. Don't really want to pull them back any further.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:07 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by MiniMe1969
So I was running a Mustang day tripper on my '07 Low Rider. Loved the looks, and it put me right in the "pocket" where I was comfortable with reach and flat footed (I'm short). Problem was, after about 100 miles, my back was killing me. Ride 500 miles to Rolling Thunder and back and was popping Motrin when I got back.

Switched to a Mustang Vintage Wide Solo seat I picked up on Ebay for $150. What a difference.....just got back from a 860 mile round trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains and feeling fine. Just a little knot between my shoulder blades that I can't figure out. With this seat, I could have done a few hundred more with no problem.
Good to hear you got the seat solved! Lots' of guys swear by the Mustang Vintage.

Your shoulder pain is from your handlebars needing a bit of adjustment.

Finding the perfect handlebar position for You
This can make all the difference!

This is the way that has always worked for me to get the most comfortable handlebar position-
  • Sit on your bike
  • Have someone hold it up straight for you
  • Put your feet on the pegs
  • Close your eyes
  • Put your hands out to where it is most comfortable to hold them
  • Open your eyes...where ever your hands are, that is where you want the handlebar grips to be

Sometimes it is just a matter of adjusting the handlebars you have, or getting different bars, or a different riser, or some riser extensions.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-02-2014, 07:38 PM
MiniMe1969
Cruiser

Kevin, appreciate the insight. I just have to find that sweet spot for bar adjustment. Having little t-rex arms doesn't help.