Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced Reach to Standard

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 02:02 PM
luckycaribou
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced Reach to Standard

My bike currently has the reduced reach forward controls on it and would like to get it back to the standards. Looking at it, it seems that the reduced just have an extra plate added. Is it as simple as taking that plate off and mounting directly to the frame or am I missing something here? Thanks for the help!

Old 06-30-2014, 02:10 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The reduced seat is not just repositioned but the seating itself is different. If you want a reduced seat changed to standard position then I suggest finding a good seat person, something like meancitycycles.com to redo your seat. They can make changes to fit you.
I have a sundowner I am sending off soon.
just a thought.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Jeezy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by luckycaribou
My bike currently has the reduced reach forward controls on it and would like to get it back to the standards. Looking at it, it seems that the reduced just have an extra plate added. Is it as simple as taking that plate off and mounting directly to the frame or am I missing something here? Thanks for the help!
I have a 2011 FXDB and the reduced reach kit used the 2 plates your talking about to lift and bring the foot controls closer to you and also used a shorter shift rod and shorter rod for the rear brake.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:17 PM
luckycaribou
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Avirex64
I have a 2011 FXDB and the reduced reach kit used the 2 plates your talking about to lift and bring the foot controls closer to you and also used a shorter shift rod and shorter rod for the rear brake.
Yes that would make sense...The biggest problem I am having is the brake pedal is just to close for my liking. I am unable to use it without completely taking my foot off the peg. Thinking I may have to run the threads further up the shift but even that will only gain about a half an inch. Maybe I will get lucky and someone in the classifieds will be looking for a reduced reach set and we could just swap the rods.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:17 AM
chopNdrop
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same kit. I took the nut off the rear brake bar at the rear master so I could screw it in all the way. That was the only way for me that the brake pedal went down far enough.

I do have the stock bar too if you need it. All you'd have to do is remove plates and change to a standard bar instead of the weird shaped one for the reduced reach