Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddle Bag suggestions for my Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 07:55 PM
dmpjr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddle Bag suggestions for my Wide Glide

Thanks in advance, I know I'll get some good advice here/ I have a 2005 Wide Glide and am starting the search for saddle bags for it. I'm not a fan of the look but I really need some storage. I already have a carry bag that goes over my backrest but I don't like it. The only issue I think I will have is my side mounted license plate. I'm not sure if it will interfere with bags or not. Thanks.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:52 AM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 2002 Wide Glide and had to move turn signals to license plate to get some on. Couldn't fit between shock and signals. Right now I have some throwover bags but will be interested in the suggestions you get. Throw overs aren't a good choice they look sloppy. Or they do on mine anyway.

Nice bike man. Black and chrome just how I like them. What windshield do you have?

Last edited by JohnnyRebKY; 07-04-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:59 AM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 07-04-2014, 07:02 AM
dmpjr
Tourer

I was thinking these http://www.badgcustoms.com/dyna-bags.html but I'm worried about interference with my license plate and/or turn sigs.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:09 AM
Chase1961
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unless your turn signals have been moved, then they will have to be relocated, and most likely your side mounted plate will also have to be moved. With that said, you first have to decide if you want a hard bag or leather, then if you're going with a hard mount, or QD. You'll get many answers and opinions about various bags and mounting systems.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:34 AM
dmpjr
Tourer

i will be going leather. Im not worried about quick mount. What are my options for moving the turn sigs and license plate? The factory tag mount was cut off.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:51 AM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I used easy brackets to mount turn signals on factory license plate. Quick and easy. But since you " cut off" your factory plate housing sounds like u need to find another one.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:56 AM
dmpjr
Tourer

Originally Posted by JohnnyRebKY
I used easy brackets to mount turn signals on factory license plate. Quick and easy. But since you " cut off" your factory plate housing sounds like u need to find another one.
Yeah, It was already cut off when I got the bike, not an easy find.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Texas_Rider11B
Advanced

Get a tape measure and find out how much clearance you have. Then when you're shopping for bags, but a set that are within your measurements.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dmpjr
Thanks in advance, I know I'll get some good advice here/ I have a 2005 Wide Glide and am starting the search for saddle bags for it. I'm not a fan of the look but I really need some storage. I already have a carry bag that goes over my backrest but I don't like it. The only issue I think I will have is my side mounted license plate. I'm not sure if it will interfere with bags or not. Thanks.
Side mounted license plate will interfere with the saddlebags. If you are willing to relocate though, you can get some quickdisconnect brackets with saddlebags and take the bags clean off when you don't need them.

Heres a youtube video where they discuss the bags..

We're going to have a gallery up on our website where you can check by models and what not, until then, we do have customer rides up with saddlebags so you can check out what it might look like on our facebook page.. www.facebook.com/VikingBags

Quick Reply: Saddle Bag suggestions for my Wide Glide