Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bobcat and PowerVision Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts
Default Bobcat and PowerVision Update

Finally, some headway on the bike! So, finally got off the fence on tuners. I didn't want to mess with the OEM stuff, I really didn't, but it just had to be done. I figured, if I died tomorrow I'd be pissed if I didn't get this bike to where I wanted it to be.
I read and read, and read. And with everything I read it finally occurred to me that with all the countless mentions from other members I couldn't remember anyone having a bad Power Vision or bad mouthed FM or that Jamie Long fellow (I have never spoke with him myself). Haha, I said Longfellow
I mean, if you think about it, sometime in your life you've heard somebody bad mouth Santa Claus, Santa Claus for God's sakes, who in their right mind bad mouths Santa!
So I ordered the PV Monday last week, and gratefully it arrived Thursday before the 4th!! Bonus!!
They also had a package deal for another $50.00 get a Stage 1 kit with reusable filter and CnC'd backplate! So I hadn't bought one yet and jumped all over that. I'm running the OEM cover that I had PC'd but will just go to a little cap over the end of the filter with all the filter exposed.
I'd also been waiting to get the old exhaust off to replace the clutch cable since when I put on the Wild 1 flat track bars I had an extra yard of clutch cable. I needed a 6" shorter cable but all the HD shop had on hand Thursday was a 4" shorter and I was grateful to get it since I wanted to ride badly!
It fits behind the 1/4 fairing great and I haven't been able to mount the fairing since I changed the bars because of the gob of cable.

That stock exhaust is ridiculous, around 10lbs more than the Bobcat. It looks like either some crazy band instrument or some two-mouthed, two-assed dragon-dinosaur, I hate that thing. Yes, Yes, it did it's job, in the cheapest way HD found possible.
Speaking of which, Ok, so, you've heard me say the throttle lock was the Amish contribution to the bike, the exhaust was the prehistoric contribution. I wish HD would let me build some bikes for them!
So, you always hear about how much better it is when parts you put on compliment each other, well, HD did a very good job there. They perfectly matched a suffocating intake, with anemic, lackluster cams, and a heavy, low budget, stuffed up exhaust.
Yes, I know, it's because they have to meet those parameters to pass the EPA and whoever else's laws to accept a large, air cooled, two cylinder engine. I got that. And I want them to do a better job at it!
The stock cam was designed for an optimum performance at a certain band. In this case, I believe the stock cam was designed to be the best cam at idle, cause it falls dead everywhere else

The Bobcat went on pretty smoothly, no leaks so that's hard to beat right there. Tight clearance but those guys did a great job. DandD website says use SE exhaust gaskets, so I picked up a pair. I didn't know the pipe comes with a pair of gaskets, the thick OEM type but I used the SE's.

The PV. I am a believer, this thing is awesome!!! I finally got serious about needing a tuner and damn, all roads led to PV. I told FM what parts I had to put on the bike, they sent me like 10 tune options, they didn't have one for a Bobcat so I had to choose another 2-1 pipe and it was great at start up, I mean, wow! Since I think I've run 3 or 4 autotunes and it just keeps getting better and it was great to begin with! I went with just the Autotune basic, and for me, I am extremely pleased, they have a Autotune Pro version but as far as I am concerned, they made the Autotune Basic so good I won't need the Pro version.

I have the PV temporarily mounted on the bars and the hooked up while running the autotune but I'll get if off soon. The PV comes in a nice box, everything you need to get zip-zzanging down the road. The mount I don't trust, not because it seems inferior but because I'm a paranoid person and it just snaps in and I would be worried about it falling off, so I got it zipped tied down so it ain't going no where for now.
What a cool device, you can do so much with it, I'm impressed with it, there, I said it, it won me over!

So, the bike is running fantastically, sounds great, smooth as silk!

It needs cams and I think I'd like to put in some Woods 555's but no time soon, it's running so well right now that I won't go to the trouble of taking the exhaust off to do the cams but it really would like them. The Bobcat is crying for cams, man that thing would sound awesome with the cams!

The mirrors are convex which I like but their shape is a little too fashionable for me, I actually think it would look better with just factory black OEM style but I want the OEM shape with convex mirrors, not the dual convex version HD has.
Those Get-a-Grips should be the standard OEM grip on these bikes, they are fantastic.

Well, watch I've written all this up and my pictures not show up in the thread

Now, of course, all opinions in my posts are my own opinions and never meant to offend anyone with a different opinion, no matter how much sense you may not make.

Ed did a great job with the Sick Saddle seat, I got the matching rear but never run it but the seats are great! I wish I would have had him flatten out the rear lip more, I'm 6'2 and I need more rearwardness in the seat. I'll call him to see if he can modify that one day.

Lot of tall bars out there but these bars are great, I think Steve McQueen would get his rocks off riding this thing now, getting better by the day!

Cheers

Rubbish

Oh Yea

Thanks FM

Old 07-06-2014, 08:19 PM
glock35
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Looking good! It is amazing how much better the bike runs when you do the stage 1. I totally agree with the FuelMoto PV, I would recommend that to anybody looking for a tuner.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,225 Likes on 3,608 Posts

If you are using the PV with narrow band sensors you might as well be:

Max

Old 07-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by glock35
Looking good! It is amazing how much better the bike runs when you do the stage 1. I totally agree with the FuelMoto PV, I would recommend that to anybody looking for a tuner.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by bwoltz
If you are using the PV with narrow band sensors you might as well be:

Max
Surely, it has to be a little better than beating a dead horse! I'm sure it does make great greater but I'm gonna be content like this for a while

Old 07-06-2014, 11:40 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hell yea man that pipe is badass. It's coming together well it looks great!

Old 07-07-2014, 03:00 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,459 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Bike is looking great. I bet the sound of the BobCat makes you grin when you open her up. I have the same pipe and I know it makes me smile!

Old 07-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by monster715
Hell yea man that pipe is badass. It's coming together well it looks great!
Originally Posted by adm
Bike is looking great. I bet the sound of the BobCat makes you grin when you open her up. I have the same pipe and I know it makes me smile!
Thanks guys! That pipe is a keeper for sure

Old 07-07-2014, 10:57 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Ha! Good stuff! I like your writing style... rambling style?

I really want to hear that pipe on a TwinCam in person!

Not sure why your pics are small--maybe your photo hosting site offers multiple options for embedding and you picked the small size.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:41 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man I always click on a post when I see your name. Thanks I needed a little rambling humor and also enjoy seeing the progress on the scoot. Looking really good...I knew you couldn't leave it alone too long.

If you ever write a book, let me know...I'll be the first one in line to buy it. I can tell by the way you write, that you would be a blast to party with.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by b2inUT
Ha! Good stuff! I like your writing style... rambling style?

I really want to hear that pipe on a TwinCam in person!

Not sure why your pics are small--maybe your photo hosting site offers multiple options for embedding and you picked the small size.
Thanks Bud, My photo albums changed to some different format a few months ago and does not offer me the "copy the URL" window like it used to. More in the album if you want to see more in bigger format.

Originally Posted by rooti
Man I always click on a post when I see your name. Thanks I needed a little rambling humor and also enjoy seeing the progress on the scoot. Looking really good...I knew you couldn't leave it alone too long.

If you ever write a book, let me know...I'll be the first one in line to buy it. I can tell by the way you write, that you would be a blast to party with.
Hey Man, Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, finally got the majority of the pieces to fall together, now I just need more power

I'll let you know when the book is ready

Quick Reply: Bobcat and PowerVision Update