Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's running 14 inch or higher rear shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Jeezy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who's running 14 inch or higher rear shocks?

Is anyone running 14" or higher rear shocks on a 06+ dyna? I am looking to go with some 14" Works black trackers, but dont know if I would need to go up in the front also or if there would be any issues. Has anyone had any problems going that high?

Old 07-08-2014, 05:24 PM
mike13
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I just put 14"+ ohlins on my 07 street bob with no issues. If you are not lowered in the front I believe there are no issues with it. Mine is stock height in the front and I haven't noticed any ill handeling behavior, on the contrary with the ohlins and racetech gold valves and springs the handeling is vastley improved. Haven't even dialed in the shocks and gold valves yet.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Jeezy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mike13
I just put 14"+ ohlins on my 07 street bob with no issues. If you are not lowered in the front I believe there are no issues with it. Mine is stock height in the front and I haven't noticed any ill handeling behavior, on the contrary with the ohlins and racetech gold valves and springs the handeling is vastley improved. Haven't even dialed in the shocks and gold valves yet.
Thanks for the info bro, you happen to have any pics? Sounds like you have a nice set up. I am gonna be running the new progressive monotube suspension up front

Old 07-08-2014, 08:34 PM
mike13
Advanced

I'll start a new thread on my build and post pics soon. Still need to paint my rear fender I chopped and mount the LED tail light. It's definately different. Kind of a going with a street tracker look with handling being my main priority.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 734 Likes on 504 Posts

I'll start a new thread on my build and post pics soon. Still need to paint my rear fender I chopped and mount the LED tail light. It's definately different. Kind of a going with a street tracker look with handling being my main priority.
Sounds pretty cool, look forward to seeing that!

Old 07-09-2014, 01:16 AM
ZeroThoughts
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How have you managed the jiffy stand? I guess the bike leans over more with 14" rear shocks.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Jeezy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts
How have you managed the jiffy stand? I guess the bike leans over more with 14" rear shocks.
You dont really need to do anything when just doing the rear, I've seen 14.5" and it just leans a lot more, but I guess if you go up in the front then you would need something like this

http://www.bungking.com/accessories/...ift-block.html

Old 07-09-2014, 05:38 PM
mike13
Advanced

My bike leaned over way to much to be comfortable with. I had to add some matrial to the jiffy stand tab that rests on the frame when the bike's weight is on the stand. I also added about a half inch to the stand foot. Got it back to the angle it was stock. Here's a thread on the subject. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...er-shocks.html

Old 07-09-2014, 07:10 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts

1. 360 +10mm/-0 mm = low of 14 11/64”~ 14 9/16” Stroke: 3 31/32"/101mm

Old 07-10-2014, 02:51 AM
ZeroThoughts
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Avirex64
You dont really need to do anything when just doing the rear, I've seen 14.5" and it just leans a lot more, but I guess if you go up in the front then you would need something like this

http://www.bungking.com/accessories/...ift-block.html
Thanks for the heads up. That looks a simple and elegant solution.

Quick Reply: Who's running 14 inch or higher rear shocks?