Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you have the Dyna that you want to have?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Yes I do. I love it very much.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 344 Likes on 197 Posts

Yes I would buy the same Dyna FXDXI again. The dealer had two on the floor in August 2004, a grey 2004 FXDXI with spokes and a blue 2005 FXDX with cast wheels that had just arrived. He really wanted to sell one since FXDX's were their slowest sellers. I took the fuel injected 04 but had them swap wheels with the 05 to get cast wheels and tubeless tires.
My FXDXi has barely adequate cornering clearance, I sure wouldn't want a motorcycle with any less so I know I picked the right Dyna for me. I appreciate the speedo and tach up in plain sight and the brakes (once I got the air out) work well enough. The seat had me crowded too forward so I swapped that early on.

Right now about the only bike I'd consider replacing it with would be a new FXDX if they'd bring one to market. I don't see that happening so I'm happy with mine. Then again I've considered selling both the FXDXi and FLHT and replacing them with a 2015 Road King...

Last edited by Ridewva; 07-10-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:08 PM
2011 FXDB
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No regrets!

Old 07-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

i love my SB 07..

And i will love it even more after my planned mods.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:39 PM
scoriden
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I like mine and have it the way I want it. It’s a 2000 FXD, bought it used as a garage queen with 6K on it. Stock 88 with carb, pipes and stage one. Otherwise pretty much bare bones.

Turned it into a switchback before there was such a thing. I used many Dyna Defender parts (that are correct for the bike) such as the engine guard, foot boards, tack, aux lights, handlebars and windshield. Then added repo hard bubble bags that lock, a full front fender, reduced effort clutch kit, and a BAL tail light.

So now it is an urban bagger or baby bagger or road queen or whatever. Nice and light, runs strong and handles well.

I guess if I bought a new one I would check out an FLD Switchback. I ride fairly hard and wouldn’t want anything heavier. One drawback (to me) on the FLD is the heaver front end and tire. I really prefer the handling you get with skinny tires. So after a test ride if I didn’t like it I would just get as bare bone Superglide as I could and put it the way I want it again.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:44 PM
scoriden
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

delete double post

Old 07-10-2014, 02:48 PM
ilovemyskidoo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always wanted a low rider so four years ago when I went looking for one that's exactly what I got. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:50 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a 2011 superglide custom. It was a hard choice because I really like the fat bob. I decided on the superglide because of the bling and it was cheeper and I could only afford slip ons at the time and on the superglide the cat was in the muffler while the fat bob it was in the collector.

Now that I have the bling, I couldn't go without...best bang for the buck of any harley model in my opinion.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:50 PM
GeorgeJ
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming from sport bikes about 8 years ago - I really didn't know what I wanted.
When a good friend decided to sell his Dyna he gave me a call.
Since then the bike has changed into a sort of fatbob wanna be - using what would fit and what I could get my hands on.

I'm glad I yanked the front end off twice (first mid glide, then fat glide), changed wheels about 4 times, have five different seats, 3 pairs of rear signals - and bought typical chrome add-ons.

Power wise - sure there's plenty to do to an 88 - but I really didn't get the Dyna for that...

George

Old 07-10-2014, 02:59 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,825 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
I bought a 2011 superglide custom. It was a hard choice because I really like the fat bob. I decided on the superglide because of the bling and it was cheeper and I could only afford slip ons at the time and on the superglide the cat was in the muffler while the fat bob it was in the collector.

Now that I have the bling, I couldn't go without...best bang for the buck of any harley model in my opinion.
Yep!!

Quick Reply: Do you have the Dyna that you want to have?