Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel fitment help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 05:05 PM
smartass12
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel fitment help

here is my question ( ived searched but can not find out)

I have an 2011 super glide with stock laced wheels.

I just purchased mags (ten spoke) off an 09 super glide which i believe are the same as 2011 mags.

I know i need a diffrent front brake rotor but what else? Seems like i need diffrent spacers because mag hub seems wider. And can i pull the rear sprocket and rotor off the laced and put on the mag? Any help will be great

Old 07-13-2014, 05:20 PM
mikeg212001
Tourer

Originally Posted by smartass12
here is my question ( ived searched but can not find out)

I have an 2011 super glide with stock laced wheels.

I just purchased mags (ten spoke) off an 09 super glide which i believe are the same as 2011 mags.

I know i need a diffrent front brake rotor but what else? Seems like i need diffrent spacers because mag hub seems wider. And can i pull the rear sprocket and rotor off the laced and put on the mag? Any help will be great
I just did that swap on my boys 2010 street bob. The bearings, outer spacers, rear rotor and pulley are the same part numbers. I cant remember if the bearing spacers in the hubs are the same, since we got new front and rear install kits when we put on the wheels. I might still have the info written down at home, I can post up here for you later. For the front brakes, you will need a new rotor, and the shoulder bolts and wave(spring) washers to install. If you google shop ronnies harley, the have an online parts micro fiche, where you can cross reference the part numbers. Oh, also make sure you replace the pulley bolts, they are a one time use deal.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:11 AM
smartass12
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikeg212001
I just did that swap on my boys 2010 street bob. The bearings, outer spacers, rear rotor and pulley are the same part numbers. I cant remember if the bearing spacers in the hubs are the same, since we got new front and rear install kits when we put on the wheels. I might still have the info written down at home, I can post up here for you later. For the front brakes, you will need a new rotor, and the shoulder bolts and wave(spring) washers to install. If you google shop ronnies harley, the have an online parts micro fiche, where you can cross reference the part numbers. Oh, also make sure you replace the pulley bolts, they are a one time use deal.
actually that site was perfect..thanks

Old 07-14-2014, 05:10 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

everythings the same except the front rotor

Old 07-14-2014, 06:20 PM
smartass12
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SuperFastGlide
everythings the same except the front rotor
so even all the spacers are the same? so i would just need bearings, front rotor and front rotor washers/shoulder bolts?

Old 07-14-2014, 09:18 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior

bearings are the same also... 25mm on 08 and up... spacers are all the same to... alls you need is the rotor , the bolts and some loctite

Old 07-14-2014, 09:27 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior

bearings are the same also... 25mm on 08 and up models... spacers are all the same for 08 and up street bobs and superglides.. . alls you need is the rotor , the bolts and some loctite
-----

Old 07-14-2014, 10:41 PM
smartass12
Intermediate

-----
thanks for the help!

Old 07-23-2014, 07:15 AM
smartass12
Intermediate

two more question (i should own a manuel but i dont)-

1. in which direction does the spring/curved washers for the front rotor go? curve away from the rotor or curve towards the rotor?

2. in this diagram http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ST-AND-SLOTTED) it shows a spacer #6 in between the bearing and and the inner bearing spacer, that just doent seem right, any thoughts?

Old 07-23-2014, 07:20 AM
smartass12
Intermediate

Originally Posted by smartass12
two more question (i should own a manuel but i dont)-

1. in which direction does the spring/curved washers for the front rotor go? curve away from the rotor or curve towards the rotor?

2. in this diagram http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ST-AND-SLOTTED) it shows a spacer #6 in between the bearing and and the inner bearing spacer, that just doent seem right, any thoughts?
well that link doesnt take you to the diagram but shouldnt it just be the bearing in each side with the sleeve spacer in the center? no other spacer between the bearing and sleeve spacer? (obviously there are the spacers on the outside of the bearings)

Quick Reply: Wheel fitment help