Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY air ride done

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 11:13 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

ok... so a ride report... air ride in back so far is the best set up i have had (done progressive 12" 412, 11" progressive, V rod shocks, HD bagger air shocks 12, bagger HD 11 air shocks, stock shocks, and Burley slammers) the adjustable is unreal! can go from a low slammed look that is like floating on a cloud, to a lifted up firm ride for ripping turns.... Race tech emulators = really did well to smooth out the ride and made a dramatic improvement in handling response. I did progressive springs, dual top out, emulators, 130mm fluid, 5 turns, and 15w spectro.... storz steering damper = BAD ***, nothing else really needs to be said about this sucker, completely adjustable and helps plant the front end, thanks Justin Mcginnis for hooking it up.... Super brace = just rounds out the package up front. The bike feels like it can rip a super bike track up.... Brembo front brake = less than impressed. Took so much work to make this thing work on the bike, and of course customize the caliper itself and the difference is a touch better than stock, if not the same, if I could do it all over again i would leave the stock brake caliper, shave and coat that. I only have about 75 miles on the bike so far... but that is the ride report!

Old 07-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Oldman - New Iron
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Job well thought out & done Joe.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Bocefus
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question

Could this same thing be done minus compressor? I once had air shocks on an old pickup truck. They had a shrader valve to raise and lower. They never lost air. Just thinking it would be nice on the rare occasion the wife rides with me if I could add a little extra height.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Bocefus
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question

Could this same thing be done minus compressor? I once had air shocks on an old pickup truck. They had a shrader valve to raise and lower. They never lost air. Just thinking it would be nice on the rare occasion the wife rides with me if I could add a little extra height.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:03 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Bocefus
Question

I am not an expert but I don't see why not. Same theory as the FLH with air shocks. On those you adjust air as needed (i.e. adding weight, removing weight), not every ride. I had air shocks on a car way back when also, and I only put air in them once so they were where I wanted them, never touched them again.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:05 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

You do badass work Joe!! As always awesome!

Wonder how many options there are for mounting the compressor....?

Last edited by BigDogIdaho; 07-19-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:05 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

Stupid repost

Last edited by BigDogIdaho; 07-17-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:38 AM
dublenut
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What air pressure you ride?

Old 08-09-2014, 09:56 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

Couple questions....

The "dump valve" just makes it go down faster?

I saw on another thread that you made a mount to go near the forward control mount, why did you not use it? I can't seem to find that thread.

I've got the shocks already, and the compressor is on it's way. Looking forward to getting this done!

Old 08-09-2014, 11:06 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

you need the dump valve to release the air from the system to go down at all... i was going to mount it under the front header pipe but hated the look and the sound when running, my goal was to make it vanish, sight and sound... so that is why i went with the cone

Quick Reply: DIY air ride done