Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power vision purchase advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 07:41 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin_s
I have all the parts to do my cams,but all I have right now for the computer is a fuel pac,so It's time to buy a tuner.I was going to buy one from Fuel moto but seen in another thread their (tunes) are based off of woods cams?I will be using Andrews 48h cams.
Should I buy one off ebay for $100 less than Fuel motos and just deal with dyno jet directly or is the $100 more worth it for Fuel motos help?
Or can I just buy the auto tune for another $400 and call it a day
I'm a big fan of Fuel Moto. Costs a little more, but you get a handlebar mount and visor kit. and they double the manufacturers warranty. Support is first rate. If you have problems, they will help you...period.

They sent me a great base tune tune for 48Hcams. It ran so well that many would have been happy and not bothered to autotune. I'm a techy type so I wanted to see what autotune was all about. Ran several autotunes and the bike just kept getting better. Really smooth with great power and driveability.

Most people don't get Autotune Pro module. Basic autotune does a great job and lots of people are very satisfied with the tunes they get....so I suggest you don't go with Autotune Pro. You can always add it later if you feel you need it.

The choice on cost is yours. If you really feel you don't need the support and warrantee they provide, go with the discount brand. I considered it when I purchased my PV, but opted for Fuel Moto based largely on feedback here, and the 'unknown factor'. I'm familiar with Fuel Injection programmers, having used both Dynojet and SERT's in the past, but I didn't want to take a chance and get stuck without support if I ran into problems.

As it turned out I never had any issues, the tunes they sent worked great, and the cost difference was minimal after I purchased as a package deal with 2-1-2 header and Air filter assembly.

I can pretty much guarantee the tune they send for the 48H's will be spot on and all you will have to do is run a few autotunes to adjust the VE to your bike, based on my experience. They do like Woods cams, but they dyno lots of other combo's.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:28 AM
kevin_s
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nhrider1
I'm a big fan of Fuel Moto. Costs a little more, but you get a handlebar mount and visor kit. and they double the manufacturers warranty. Support is first rate. If you have problems, they will help you...period.

They sent me a great base tune tune for 48Hcams. It ran so well that many would have been happy and not bothered to autotune. I'm a techy type so I wanted to see what autotune was all about. Ran several autotunes and the bike just kept getting better. Really smooth with great power and driveability.

Most people don't get Autotune Pro module. Basic autotune does a great job and lots of people are very satisfied with the tunes they get....so I suggest you don't go with Autotune Pro. You can always add it later if you feel you need it.

The choice on cost is yours. If you really feel you don't need the support and warrantee they provide, go with the discount brand. I considered it when I purchased my PV, but opted for Fuel Moto based largely on feedback here, and the 'unknown factor'. I'm familiar with Fuel Injection programmers, having used both Dynojet and SERT's in the past, but I didn't want to take a chance and get stuck without support if I ran into problems.

As it turned out I never had any issues, the tunes they sent worked great, and the cost difference was minimal after I purchased as a package deal with 2-1-2 header and Air filter assembly.

I can pretty much guarantee the tune they send for the 48H's will be spot on and all you will have to do is run a few autotunes to adjust the VE to your bike, based on my experience. They do like Woods cams, but they dyno lots of other combo's.
Thanks for the info,and what I wanted to hear also.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:54 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Here is what I thought. If you buy all engine parts from Fuel moto, then purchase PV from FM. They do have a large map library for their engine components not in general. Unless you are gonna use parts from FM otherwise find the cheapest to buy. I have installed a 107ci kit last year, loaded FM map and auto tune a few times, run like a top saved me dyno tuning. Have fun!

Old 07-20-2014, 06:26 PM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Fuel Moto is awesome . A year ago i bought there micro tuner which worked great out of the box.Now i plan on doing cams so I Traded the micro in towards the PV1 got a 150.00 credit, and had the PV1 in 2 days.The tune that came with it was awesome. Bike ran much beter with the PV1. seams to more more pull

Has anyone noticed a increase in engine temp while running auto tune.My scoot usually runs around 200 240f after riding a while. With auto tune it quickly reaches 250-260f

Old 07-20-2014, 08:44 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the customer service aspect of FM is worth any extra cost there may be. and i really find it hard to believe that someone called and they were told that they couldn't provide a map for an andrews cam.....no way. yes, they offer woods cams with their kits, but if you think for one minute that jamie and crew have never worked with anything but woods cams i would say you are kidding yourself. those guys are so knowledgeable and helpful that i just can't see calling or emailing and NOT getting an answer to your question. the double warranty, mounting kit and the lifetime support is worth it.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:51 PM
kevin_s
Cruiser

Originally Posted by deuce_streetbob
the customer service aspect of FM is worth any extra cost there may be. and i really find it hard to believe that someone called and they were told that they couldn't provide a map for an andrews cam.....no way. yes, they offer woods cams with their kits, but if you think for one minute that jamie and crew have never worked with anything but woods cams i would say you are kidding yourself. those guys are so knowledgeable and helpful that i just can't see calling or emailing and NOT getting an answer to your question. the double warranty, mounting kit and the lifetime support is worth it.
I just got mine today from f/m and guess what the tune name was?

103 tw222

Old 07-23-2014, 09:55 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

you will have to do some adjusting! any of the ones i have gotten for a couple of the builds I did had to be played with they were not spot on.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:14 PM
kevin_s
Cruiser

Originally Posted by target64
you will have to do some adjusting! any of the ones i have gotten for a couple of the builds I did had to be played with they were not spot on.
and that's just part of the fun for me.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:37 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rsking45
Has anyone noticed a increase in engine temp while running auto tune.My scoot usually runs around 200 240f after riding a while. With auto tune it quickly reaches 250-260f
It will tend to do that. When in auto tune, the mix is set to 14.6:1 right across the map. This is leaner than you'd normally be running, especially with a tuned map. This will make it run hot.

To the OP: Don't think a tuner with any kind of auto tuning facility will tune your bike for you. Auto tune just tweaks things for your bike's variations from the canned map. It does not make gross adjustments to the mix and it does not adjust timing - both of which are essential for a cam swap. Don't believe any sales blurp from tuner makers that suggest otherwise.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:15 PM
kevin_s
Cruiser

I installed it today along with a cam change and it has good throttle response,idles good but seems a bit flat to me.I am lost with technology having a hard time understanding using the PV.