Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She's Coming Along...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 01:52 AM
topdwg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She's Coming Along...

Well almost have all my parts on. Today I put on the levers (black), front axle covers, HD tack/speedo combo, and the fork tube covers. I wasn't able to slide up from the bottom, so I had to take the forks out. Not a big deal to do, actually once the rotors off only thing left to do is loosen the fork tube pinch bolts, then slide out.

Only thing left is to get my stuff back from being powder coating (light ring, forward controls L/R) and to install the Harley flush tanks caps, then I'll be done for a bit...

Old 07-20-2014, 07:09 AM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Looking good. I dig the HD speedo.Mods never end

Old 07-20-2014, 01:43 PM
topdwg
Tourer

Thanks man, yea your'e right, never ending...haha. The HD LED gauge is blue, so it should look pretty cool with the HD speedo being set at blue as well, we'll see though...

Old 07-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good topdwg I like that speedo and the tach better than the stock digital.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:18 PM
topdwg
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jeff's 1st Harley
Looks good topdwg I like that speedo and the tach better than the stock digital.
Thanks brother, I didn't realize how much I missed a tach until now. The HD gauge is pricey, but not as pricey as a Dakota. One thing that is cool about the HD is all the different colors it does. I'm a simple guys so, I just keep it at blue, but even then there 100 different variants of it...LOL

Old 07-20-2014, 07:43 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love that speedo. i really wish HD would make that for the street bob. it really pissed me off when i found out that damn near every other bike had one to fit, except sb. looks good though, and the blue on blue should look pretty slick. i want to get those flush fits as well, but i just can't decide if i want the black or chrome for the denim black tank. really leaning toward the chrome just because my bike is mostly black with touches of chrome.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:40 PM
topdwg
Tourer

Yea I was in the same boat, chrome or black? I chose black only because I'm going to leave the console chrome, so I'm hoping that'll look ok...lol. If it doesn't I'll just powder coat the console black...

Old 07-20-2014, 08:49 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think you are right about going black with the chrome console. mine is a wrinkle black console on denim black, so im thinking i would like the chrome to break the black a little.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:59 PM
topdwg
Tourer

Originally Posted by deuce_streetbob
i think you are right about going black with the chrome console. mine is a wrinkle black console on denim black, so im thinking i would like the chrome to break the black a little.
True, but at night with just the lights on, especially with a Dakota gauge would make it look bad ***...

Old 07-22-2014, 01:29 AM
topdwg
Tourer

Well got my powder coated parts back (forward controls and light ring) and I put on the mini floorboards. Only thing left is the HD flush mount gauges...

Quick Reply: She's Coming Along...