Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2007 Dyna Low Rider Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 09:19 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
How do you like the Dyna so far compared to your Softail?
Well, its different. I cant say one is definitely better than the other, they are just different. I prefer the ride of the dyna though.

But my softail is a head turner. I got comments on it ALL the time. Maybe the dyna will get comments to once im done but the softail is a great looking bike, especially slammed.

Originally Posted by 06Sporty75
wow, that's a lot of work you have planned, more than I'd be willing to do. I like to buy bikes already the way I want them and them do little stuff,

good thing you got a damn good deal on that bike.
Yep, thats the key... buy them at the right price. But even so, I've had my softail for 2 years and I have about $19k in it. Im trying to sell it for $12k and still not getting many calls....its crazy. The bike looks new! So its very hard to ever get the money back you out into it...but then again, I dont do it for that reason. But I wont sell it for less than $12k, period. Ill keep it before selling it for less.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:53 PM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

After seeing what you did to your Softail, I am subscribing to this thread!

Old 07-25-2014, 09:05 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by sioux565
After seeing what you did to your Softail, I am subscribing to this thread!
Thanks .... its gonna be a fun journey for sure.

I have got 2 calls on my softail. Its listed on craiglist in Fresno, San Fran, LA and Sacramento...I cant believe I've only received 2 calls and they werent really that serious.

Ive made up my mind though, I will not sell it for less than $12k. I started at $14500 and if I cant alteast get $12k for it, Ill keep it.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:57 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Here is my final vision for it with a crappy photoshop job. hahahaha

Old 07-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, did the HogRida Lay Down Plate (looks great!) and a Low Profile LED Brake Light with Turn Signals that are integrated.

Also, did the idiot light relocation to the console...love that also!

[/QUOTE]

Love the look of the Lay Down Plate. That's the one I wnat for my ride...been looking for a long time for one that I like the looks of--your's is it.

How did you relocate the idiot lights? did yo have to cut a hole to mount it there and where did you find a grommet to fit it? Thanks!

Old 07-26-2014, 08:52 PM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoticov
Here is my final vision for it with a crappy photoshop job. hahahaha

Reminds me of a Street Bob.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:49 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Black Bart
Love the look of the Lay Down Plate. That's the one I wnat for my ride...been looking for a long time for one that I like the looks of--your's is it.

How did you relocate the idiot lights? did yo have to cut a hole to mount it there and where did you find a grommet to fit it? Thanks
You will love the HogRida lay down plate!

Yes, on the idiot light relocation, you have to drill a hole between the speedo and tach. Do a search on the forum for "idiot light relocation dyna" and you will find nice write ups and pics to do it....thats what I did.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:50 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by sioux565
Reminds me of a Street Bob.
Yea.... pretty much. But with different wheels.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:30 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Changed out the pipes, went with a Patriot Defender. Love the way it sounds and looks!

Added a Fat Bob seat... very comfortable! Road pretty much all day last Saturday and felt great.

Added a custom AC Cover. It is engraved and is 60% gloss / 40% flat black. Love it also. I am probably going to powder coat my triple trees, lowers, fender struts and a few other parts with the 60% / 40%. And will do all engine parts in wrinkle black to match the engine.

Also added a Power Vision for the engine build. I think I am going back with the 107" kit from Chris Rivas here in Fresno. Love the power and torque it gave me on the Softail.

I am going to do the engine build at the same time I do all the powder coating and painting the tins. Hopefully within a few weeks... Lord willing.

Here are some pics...sorry, some are blurry but this build is no where near done.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Thomas Eckenrod
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How well does that pipe perform ? Is there a noticeable change ? I am running V&H Big Radius and I am looking for a 2-1 that will create more power with my build.

Quick Reply: My 2007 Dyna Low Rider Build