Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 12:00 AM
SE Rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions.....

Hi all,

I've got a list of mods that i'm looking at over the coming months or so and wanted some advice from the experienced amongst you...

Burly Slammer or Progressive???
I'll be chopping the rear fender on my 12 SB and finally getting rid of the rear light at some point and will want to drop the suspension to reduce the gap between rear tyre and fender. I've got V&H Big Radius pipes and understand ground clearance will be reduced but is there anything else i should take into account. My missus occasionally rides on the back but i'm fortunate enough to have another bike which is more suited to 2 up riding so it's pretty much a solo ride....

I'm also looking to fit a set of these:http://www.harleycustom.co.uk/UK_Mot...164_1306_15015
Both grips and turn signals and wanted to know if it's a fairly simple job? As the turn signals are located at the end of the bars is it just a case of running the current cables from the switches to the signals or is there anything else i need to be aware of? Is it also quite simple to change the grips?

Cheers guys, lot's of questions but much appreciated...

Old 07-26-2014, 12:13 AM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the wiring is easy for those signals because its all right there. Cut the old ones off or just spice into the 2 wires. Then wire up the new ones. You just have to loosen the switch housing and you'll see the wires go into the handlebar (there's a 1/2" hole in the bars)

the grips...left one is glued on. Usually has to be cut off I think.
The other one fits into the housing with 2 throttle wires attached. Take those off and the grip comes off.