The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else sick of all these fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:01 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoFXDC
Yeah, whatever happened to just riding a motorcycle? Bolt on the luggage, windshields, fairings and other horseshit; you mind as well just get a car! Winshields on motorcycles ain't right.
i used to feel this way also, but when I compare my first week long trip consisting of 500+ miles each day, most of which was at highway speeds, to each like wise trip I take just about every year, the windshield sure help keep the fatigue down by close to 25% of that endured when not using a windshield. Not to mention the added benefit when you get caught in a rain storm or all day rain riding, I still get soaked, but don't have to deal with the buck shot feel to the face.

We all ride our own ride, enjoy what you ride, when you ride.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:32 AM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman103
That's exactly the fairing I've been considering

Great minds and all that

I have emailed the manufacturer and asked the questions about fit and where in Europe we can get them.

Have you had any luck sourcing?

Old 07-30-2014, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by TylerBoehm
Does everyone and their brother think they are jax teller now? I personally find it ridiculous the amount of bikes a see with the stupid fairing and t-bars.
+ 1 million

Old 07-30-2014, 09:48 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

he's obviously trolling just to start ****............ I don't care how you feel or think of my setup.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:54 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 345 Likes on 175 Posts

Actually my Dyna looked like that long before anyone even heard of SOA. I saw bikes with quarter fairings back in the 1980's. The whole thing with clubs and fairings started as far as i can figure in 1974 with the Austrailian biker movie "Stone" where the Gravediggers rode bikes with fairings and full face helmets with darkened shields. You see club members now everywhere looking just like this. This was an example of real life imitating art.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone else sick of all these fairings?-stone-1974.jpg  
Old 07-30-2014, 10:01 AM
Podge60
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope.

I first learned the advantages of a quarter fairing back when my nick would have been Podge24.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Juggerpops
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am new to riding, actually just bought my first Bike 2 weeks ago (2014 FXDB) I don't know all the rules to being a biker yet (nor do I give a ****)
I like the look of the quarter fairing and from what I have been told on here and by friends they actually are a functional piece of equipment.

that being said why do you care what equipment is attached to someone else's motorcycle?

would you walk up to me in a parking lot or gas station and tell me you don't like the fairing on my bike? or are you just another keyboard warrior?

just curious

Old 07-30-2014, 10:05 AM
T-Rod45
Road Captain

Some people are just ignorant and only learn what they know from TV... As evidence by this thread and the countless others on the topic.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:13 AM
Justin327
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a very small cafe styled fairing (ebay special) on my SuperGlide. I hate the fact that it turns the look into an SOA bike. but it covers the gauges and stupid headlight visor that I can't do much about unless I want to drill my triple, so it's a trade off.....does nothing for the wind. At least I'm not rocking the T Bars, just some nice Biltwell Frisco bars.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Juggerpops
Tourer

Originally Posted by Podge60
Nope.

I first learned the advantages of a quarter fairing back when my nick would have been Podge24.

sweet looking ride awesome PIC

Quick Reply: Anyone else sick of all these fairings?