The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else sick of all these fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 03:53 AM
TylerBoehm
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else sick of all these fairings?

Does everyone and their brother think they are jax teller now? I personally find it ridiculous the amount of bikes a see with the stupid fairing and t-bars.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:05 AM
Iceman103
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on man, Jax is cool
On a more serious note... I'm considering cafe style fairing for my Dyna. Something detachable and probably only used on longer rides. Some people will probably say that I'm another Jax wannabe, but the reality is that this is the only fairing style I like. I hate windshields and batwings, and while I like my bike without fairing, it would certainly be useful on a longer ride. Plus this style doesn't seem to be popular in the UK, so here I may even be considered original

Old 07-30-2014, 04:10 AM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerBoehm
Does everyone and their brother think they are jax teller now?
who's that?

Old 07-30-2014, 05:32 AM
Stuntgrunt
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had loads of faired bikes but never found one that worked for me.

As for SOA it's a great series and if it's helped to boost HD sales it's not all bad.

Back in 80's Britain HD got it's biggest boost because it was seen as expensive/exclusive which brought a flood of City Traders posing around on them, which made me wanna puke. Thankfully they've moved on and I don't have to be associated with those posing queens.

My favourite onscreen HD image was always Arnie in T2 on his Fat Boy. I'm guessing there's a few Fat Boy riders think they're Terminator

Old 07-30-2014, 05:35 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

Who's jax teller?

Old 07-30-2014, 05:45 AM
mayhemmaster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ve always liked the fairings on dynas/fx

Old 07-30-2014, 05:59 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Guys ride around for years with a fairing on their FXR / Dyna or Sportster, a few years or decades later some guy makes a tv series that has a majority of its riders on bikes with the same setup and it becomes a bad thing. Are you for real, I bet if the show didn't exist, you probibly wouldn't have even noticed all the fairings that were already out there.

Next up, all the wannabe baggers.......oh, wait, nevermind.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:47 AM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman103
Come on man, Jax is cool
On a more serious note... I'm considering cafe style fairing for my Dyna. Something detachable and probably only used on longer rides. Some people will probably say that I'm another Jax wannabe, but the reality is that this is the only fairing style I like. I hate windshields and batwings, and while I like my bike without fairing, it would certainly be useful on a longer ride. Plus this style doesn't seem to be popular in the UK, so here I may even be considered original
Hi Iceman

I'm with you there on the longer rides. Did 200 miles last Saturday and coming back at speed it was getting a bit tiring. I have the same idea on a removable fairing and am looking at this:

http://www.memphisshades.com/harley-...y/cafe-fairing

Just need to find a European supplier to avoid massive import duty and also check it fits our new Low Riders.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:32 AM
Hammerdown77
Tourer
Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Do those mini fairings actually work for getting the wind off your chest, without creating a bunch of buffeting like some windscreens do?

My understanding is that the club guys in Cali have been setting up their Dynas like that for a long time, but only after the recent popularity of the SoA series did the masses start trying to emulate the look.

delete

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-04-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:34 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

I don't have a Dyna with a fairing but I find it very interesting and somewhat comical how someone can be so annoyed by something that has zero effect on them that they feel the need to start a thread and complain about it.

I wish I had that much free time.

The following users liked this post:
RADLINE (02-04-2020)

Quick Reply: Anyone else sick of all these fairings?