Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle 95" Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 12:44 AM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Screamin Eagle 95" Options

This is for guys that have run or are running Screamin Eagle 95" kits. Did you do your heads, are they SE? What SE cam you runnin?

I'm mostly just interested in the SE stuff as a topic for this thread. I know there are other options and some will say they are better. Just kinda interested in people's feelings on the various options within the SE catalog.

Thanks.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:05 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It all depends on how you want the power range to be at. Personally if I did a big bore I would would have head work done. With the right head work and cams you will get more bang for the dollar. I can't help you with cams though.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:18 PM
DIRERIDE
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i personally didn't do the job, but im running SE pistons and cams.
never ran anything other so its hard for me to give you pros and cons.
i can tell you im dam happy that it starts everytime i push start, but then again the first words from my builders mouth were
"i wont build a motor that wont go cross country and back" not sure if that's a common statement in after market engine jobs, but i pretty much took his word on everything.
And as dude above me said, definitely head work, thats at the top of my list for dam sure.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:26 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 709 Likes on 326 Posts

If you search through my old posts I did a write up on my SE based 95 kit on my old 05 DX. I used all SE parts, the cast flat top pistons and Cyls, SE 257 cams, MCR heads (ported and polished locally) cam plate, pushrods, lifters, etc. Bike also had a T-Header, stock throttle body, Ness Big Sucker and V-Rod injectors. I went through both a SERT and a Powervision at different times. Bike hated the SERT, never could nail down a decent tune. Had the Dynojet facility install and tune the PV. Bike made 105hp and 110tq after a day of pulls. Ride review was mixed. The bike was kinda soft down low. From idle to about 2500-2900 it felt lazy, lazier than a buddies exact combo with a set of S&S cams. But from there on up the bike was an absolute monster. On the freeway it would roll onto power in 5th as easily as his bike did in 4th. 2,3,4 and 5th gear were a blast as the bike just never stopped pulling. I ran out of nuts in 5th gear more times than the bike ran out of power. From stoplights to overcome the sogginess I'd just sidestep the clutch a little, induce a bit of tire smoke and away I went. The valvetrain was dead silent, the bike ran cooler than it did stock, with the compression releases it lit right off on the first touch of the button. There are a few better power options out there for sure. Woods, Mackie, Hillside, etc. But I got this entire setup mail order for 2/3 of the price of those others when all was said and done. Chicago Harley Davidson used to run killer deals but I've heard lately that's not so much the case. I vote for SE stuff, never let me down and overall makes nice reliable power. Oh yeah, if you use their adj pushrods replace the locknuts with better grade 8 ones.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:11 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,283 Likes on 2,350 Posts

When I got my 95" kit installed I also had the S/E 203 cams put in, unfortunately my money tree had died due to a drought that year so I didn't get my heads done.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:45 PM
XFXDX
Road Master

Great guys! Preciate all that... Just what I was after.

Is there such a thing as matching your headwork to the cam you're running? Is there specific port and polish jones for tq bs. hp?

Thanks.

On the fence about SE or Fueling in the cam chest... Just gotta weigh it all out, look at the numbers. If I was made of gold it'd be Mackie, all the way. Just can't find a deal on his stuff...

Old 08-10-2014, 10:28 PM
XFXDX
Road Master

Interested to hear others opinions.

Thanks.