Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines FP3

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 05:34 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

I love mine. I just did my first auto tune this weekend. It did clean up my air fuel mix, but I think I actually prefer the stock setting that I was using more. The stock tune has a little more popping, but not much more.

My stock map was high flow air with the Competition Exhaust (I run TBR exhaust). It was louder and more aggressive sounding than my auto tune at all RPMs.

It the decel popping bad for the engine?

Edit: Sorry I just read the entire thread. My guess is that decel popping is affects fuel economy more than anything else, but I'm very new to twin cam engines.

Last edited by SquishyLowRider; 05-23-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:54 PM
frontporchblues
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure where the bashing is coming from... I have purchased the FP3 for 3 bikes and I also have the Powervision... While i would say the PV is more flexible... I like the simplicity and the quality of the tunes from the FP3... like the fact that I can auto tune wirelessly as well... I used to have to put the PV in my bag with the wire hanging out since I did not want it mounter. I install the FP3 and leave it on... as an example of how well it works... I had a PV tune from FuelMoto... it worked pretty good... but decent amount of decel pop... hooked up the FP3 put a new generic tune on it... most decal pop gone and bike runs great... since then I've auto tuned and it runs even better. The PV will come in handy though if I ever decide to do more than stage 1.