Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebags are done!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Bagged Sbob
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you just use the outside brackets or the whole system? Can I see a picture of the bags off the bike and the inside of the bags?

Old 10-01-2014, 07:40 AM
RUBI-VET
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
I'm not using a lower support. Switchbacks don't either. With the three docking points it's solid

That's good to know. I assumed that with the extra weight it may put to much stress on the bags when loaded.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bagged Sbob
Did you just use the outside brackets or the whole system? Can I see a picture of the bags off the bike and the inside of the bags?
I used the outer bracket, still need to make an inner bracket that will form around the shock pocket. I may look into some fiberglass bags and make the backside flat so I can modify the inner bracket to work.

As you can see, you can't use the stock inside **** to turn the lock, that's why a flat backside would be better.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Originally Posted by RUBI-VET
That's good to know. I assumed that with the extra weight it may put to much stress on the bags when loaded.
Most of your stress is going to be on your lower docking point. As long as you have a cross brace under the fender that goes to both lower points you will be fine. I'm overseas right now, but when I get back I will be making that brace then everything will be off to paint.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:56 AM
RUBI-VET
Cruiser

You keeping the bike Vivid black?

Old 10-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Originally Posted by RUBI-VET
You keeping the bike Vivid black?
Nah, tired of black. Going with Lamborghini orange pearl

Old 10-02-2014, 07:05 AM
RUBI-VET
Cruiser

NICE

I think I'm going to keep mine Big Blue Pearl but add some accent colors to it on the tank and lower bags and fenders to break it up a bit

Old 10-02-2014, 08:50 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Now that my ride is all painted up (yes I still love all the black), I want to get some pinstripe work done. I am debating between a nice blue or a red. Also been thinking about using red, white and blue to show my American pride. It will be minimal because I want it to catch the eye, but not dominate the viewing, maybe along the outside bottom of the bags, a little something on the rear fender and on the leading edge of the front fender. Also thinking about some simple short patriotic quote on running from the bottom of the left bag to the fender to the bottom of the right bag. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't pissing someone off expressing my love for our freedom.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:28 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Hey Bagger85, what does the inside bracket look like? Can it be trimmed down into two pieces so you can attach the forward release and the rear releaselike they would be in the FLD bag. I would think the two bolts sandwiching it all together would provide enough strenght and support to function and needed and allow you to use the detach part as well. Just a thought.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:33 AM
RUBI-VET
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Hey Bagger85, what does the inside bracket look like? Can it be trimmed down into two pieces so you can attach the forward release and the rear releaselike they would be in the FLD bag. I would think the two bolts sandwiching it all together would provide enough strenght and support to function and needed and allow you to use the detach part as well. Just a thought.

My FLD only has the one release at the rear that keeps the bags from sliding rearward the front and lower docking points are just that no locks on them

Quick Reply: Saddlebags are done!