Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longest Ride on Your Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 09:29 AM
JDisME
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Longest Ride on Your Street Bob?

We're planning a ride next year for a friends bachelor party from Chicago, IL to St. Pete's, FL.

We're planning 3 days down, 3 days there and 3 days back. A couple of older riders are saying that a Street Bob may have issues on a long, constant ride like that.

Personally, I'm not buying it. I'm expecting to get pounded with rain just because I have rotten luck. But I don't care.

What's the longest ride you've done on your SB?

Old 08-30-2014, 09:36 AM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master

other than whatever seat you are using, i can't see why the sb wouldn't be a fine ride on your trip. mine is very comfortable to me, and with my sick saddles seat i made an almost 3 hour ride from where i am in columbus up to cleveland. my *** started to feel it when i got to my destination, but i could have easily toughed it out for a while longer. i would say the majority would agree that around the 3 hour mark its time to get off and stretch the legs and give your *** a break regardless of the ride you are on. i could be wrong, or maybe im just not the super road warrior that others are. simple fact, i love the seating position and slightly stretched out leg position that my sb provides. i could ride it anywhere.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Ninety8NeonACR
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Sturgis to Central Wisconsin. 800 miles in 13 hours. Lepera Silhouette Solo Deluxe with 16" apes with no windshield. I hurt the next day.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:47 AM
JDisME
Tourer

I think 800 miles in 13 hours will make anyone sore haha.

I'm definitely going to swap the seat before the trip. Unfortunately I had to drop almost $1500 on my truck this past week.

But a new seat and some kind of storage are going to need to happen, and possibly mini floorboards. Not sure about full size boards on a Bob yet.

But you guys are proving like I was thinking....why wouldn't a Street Bob be able to handle it?

Old 08-30-2014, 10:34 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer

I longest ride i made with out stopping other than for fuel was just over the 650 mile mark. I have a sundowner seat on my bike and i felt fine after that ride other then had to pee and eat lol. As far as the bike was concerned it was happy and had no complaints. Matter of fact it ran better after that. I guess it blew out the cob webs as the say.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:43 AM
gadianton3
Cruiser
Default kuryakyn roll bag

Get you a roll bag or a 1/4 fairing or windshield.
I have a roll bag, serves two purposes. Storage & it cuts the wind off your chest.
I rode to Sturgis & back. We went through Yellowstone on the way there*& hauled *** on I-80 all the way back. Everyone I rode with were on baggers. Everyone had a sore butt. We did 2,000 miles in 4 days.
I ride with a full face helmet. It really helps with the fatigue of doing lots of miles. Also getting hit in the face with stuff gets old fast!

Old 08-30-2014, 11:04 AM
JDisME
Tourer

I'm looking to pick up 12" or 14" apes and personally, I can't stand the look of fairings on Street Bob's. If that's what others like, all good, it's just not my thing. I understand the benefit of the wind reduction, but the look just kills me haha. Plus, can a 1/4 fairing help THAT much?

The helmet may happen as well. I never wear helmets, but due to the unpredictable weather on a 9 day trip, it looks to be a wise investment. I believe we're cutting through Georgia and I think they are required there.

So the consensus is that the bike will handle it just fine. I knew I would need to upgrade some stuff for comfort.

Seat, storage and helmet are tops. Fairing? Meh

Old 08-30-2014, 11:08 AM
h-d wrencher
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 302 Posts

I drove a chase vehicle for an endurance run last year and one of them was on an 06 SB. No windshield or cruise. We left Central Wi and rode 1400 miles to Roswell NM. Then they rode 600miles to the Grand Canyon where they did a 15.4 mile hike into the canyon. Next we headed 1100 miles to Billings MT. From there it 1100 miles through North Dakota, Minneapolis-St. Paul and home. I had to tighten up a loose battery cable on his bike somewhere in Utah so his bike would start. We did that in less than 5 days.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:08 AM
rgr357
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1/4 fairing & full face will make it more comfortable for you, the bike won't mind either way.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:19 PM
JDisME
Tourer

We could get there a lot sooner by just highwaying it the whole way, but we want the scenic route.

It's next year, so plans may change a bit, but that's the plan as of now.

Quick Reply: Longest Ride on Your Street Bob?