Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions of this Dyna I'm cosidering trading for.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Crazy93
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions of this Dyna I'm cosidering trading for.

I'm going to look at this bike tomorrow. I would like opinions on the bike and its value. Bike itself has 4100 miles engine has 500 miles on it. The guy says it runs on pump gas but 12.5 to 1 seems unrealistic. Swears it runs on 93 though. Intelligent opinions are appreciated. And yes I did post to the noobie thread first. Thanks
edzntn/media/photo4_zpsc4320978.jpg.html][/URL]

Old 08-30-2014, 10:27 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Dang! Daddy likes!!

The compression is up there, but a lot of 124s run pretty high. I think premium gas is not unrealistic, can you take it for ride and see how it runs - no pinging, etc.

What cams? Do they have a dyno sheet to go with those #s? Who did the headwork?

Old 08-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Crazy93
5th Gear

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Dang! Daddy likes!!

The compression is up there, but a lot of 124s run pretty high. I think premium gas is not unrealistic, can you take it for ride and see how it runs - no pinging, etc.

What cams? Do they have a dyno sheet to go with those #s? Who did the headwork?
I have no experience with performance V twins. I don't know what cams it has or who did the head work, also I didn't ask about a dyno sheet. Yes I plan on riding it before I consider trading. The bike is very radical compared to my previous bikes, it might kill me . I am glad that it has upgrades to support the extra H.P. I was told that a Harley dealer tech owned it for 9 yrs and did all the mods. also the rear is 2" wider than stock. I really dig the looks of the bike but if its going to be a maintenance ***** that breaks all the time I might pass. I guess its a lep of faith.

Last edited by Crazy93; 08-30-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:03 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Nice looking, but don't let the fact that it may be fast when you ride it be the only deciding factor. I have a Concours 14 that creeps up to 170MPH, but it was made to do so. FX framed bikes are not the sturdiest framed ones, MOCO has made.

Lots of vibration and shakin' goin' on, there. It is nice looking, but buying it for more than NADA or KBB says it's worth, because of the mods, may be a regrettable expense some day.

Enjoy the ride and if it fits you, make a deal that is livable... Remember, a fast Harley ain't really that fast. I've had my share....tp

Old 08-30-2014, 11:18 PM
Crazy93
5th Gear

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Nice looking, but don't let the fact that it may be fast when you ride it be the only deciding factor. I have a Concours 14 that creeps up to 170MPH, but it was made to do so. FX framed bikes are not the sturdiest framed ones, MOCO has made.

Lots of vibration and shakin' goin' on, there. It is nice looking, but buying it for more than NADA or KBB says it's worth, because of the mods, may be a regrettable expense some day.

Enjoy the ride and if it fits you, make a deal that is livable... Remember, a fast Harley ain't really that fast. I've had my share....tp
Understood and thanks. To be completely honest I would have less than 6.5k in it. NADA shows excellent condition (I think this bike qualifies) @$9175.00. I am mostly paranoid about buying a bike I can't ride much because its too radical or won't run on pump gas worth a damn. I have yrs of experience with drag cars and engines but this is apples and oranges. Maybe I can get it and trade up later if its a poor fit.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:23 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Not trying to dissuade you but this bike needs a knowledgable owner, you can get there if you are super interested in Harley mechanical stuff.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:27 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy93
Understood and thanks. To be completely honest I would have less than 6.5k in it. NADA shows excellent condition (I think this bike qualifies) @$9175.00. I am mostly paranoid about buying a bike I can't ride much because its too radical or won't run on pump gas worth a damn. I have yrs of experience with drag cars and engines but this is apples and oranges. Maybe I can get it and trade up later if its a poor fit.
I have a stock FXDC 2011, that is worth about what this radical one is($9K). Maybe look for something like that, and know that everything about it is acceptable, and mod it when/as you wish. Just a thought. tp

FWIW, I recently paid $6500 for my C14/08, and I ride it much more often than the FX. Just make yourself happy. I did. tp

Old 08-31-2014, 12:56 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

So the owner of said bike built a high HP/TQ motor and then just putts around town babying it never going beyond 4th gear? I don't think so. Take it to an independent shop and pay for them to do a once over on it.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:11 AM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 380 Posts

Guaranteed to ping without a doubt. Its already big inch power then the DA went nutz with the compression. He wants to sell the problem.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:36 AM
jjtroutbum
Tourer

Cool bike!

It's worth less than premium stock to me to many unknowns. I always look for a lower milage cherry when shopping used. Blank canvas and all that. I don't wanna be riding some other fellas bike. Add ons never amount too more money to me and cracked cases mean less money.

All that said buy what you like. Ride the as often and the way you like.

Quick Reply: Opinions of this Dyna I'm cosidering trading for.