Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 WideGlide Engine Management Light and Fuel Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 06:48 AM
widerider96
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2011 WideGlide Engine Management Light and Fuel Solenoid

Hey all,

So, when i turn on the ignition with fob present, alarm light extinguishes, turn on "run" switch, pump and all initialise correctly. Except, the amber management light comes on ok, goes off, then a second or two later it's back on. Then goes off, stays off I start engine and all good. My question is why twice? Not noticed it before. Bike is stock ecu, high flow air filter and propipe with 02 sensors in place. Maybe normal and not noticed before? Regards Richard

p.s. advise dynas to replace the righthand (black one) solenoid in electrical box with a sporty one. It's the fuel pump, injector one and WILL let you down. It's not a sealed unit like the sporty and is subject to moisture causing failure.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:25 AM
weekender2098
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not normal. See or call the dealer.

Check Engine Lamp

See Speedometer/Odometer/Tachometer (Typical). The check engine lamp (6) is located inside the instrument cluster. Its purpose is to indicate whether or not the engine/engine management system is operating normally. The check engine lamp color is amber.

The check engine lamp normally comes on when the ignition is first turned on and remains on for approximately 4 seconds, as the engine management system runs a series of self-diagnostics.

If the check engine lamp comes on at any other time, see a Harley-Davidson dealer.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:28 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Before you go running to the dealer, pull the code that is being thrown by the Check Engine light - then you might be able to chase down the problem yourself just like I did with a speedo connection issue.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:58 PM
widerider96
Intermediate

Originally Posted by weekender2098
Not normal. See or call the dealer.

Check Engine Lamp

See Speedometer/Odometer/Tachometer (Typical). The check engine lamp (6) is located inside the instrument cluster. Its purpose is to indicate whether or not the engine/engine management system is operating normally. The check engine lamp color is amber.

The check engine lamp normally comes on when the ignition is first turned on and remains on for approximately 4 seconds, as the engine management system runs a series of self-diagnostics.

If the check engine lamp comes on at any other time, see a Harley-Davidson dealer.
Yeah i think i didn't explain myself properly. The check engine lamp comes on correctly at ignition first turn on, then goes off all correct. However, it then comes on again, before i try to start, and goes off. I start engine, all good. It does not come on again after that until i stop turn off engine for a rest or fuel etc ... when the same thing happens again. I.e. on off on off start engine ride no issues.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:59 PM
widerider96
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Before you go running to the dealer, pull the code that is being thrown by the Check Engine light - then you might be able to chase down the problem yourself just like I did with a speedo connection issue.
cool, how do i do that?

Old 09-02-2014, 04:23 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by widerider96
cool, how do i do that?
If you had a Power Vision fuel tuner it would be a snap!

But if not

Now when you get the DTC, post it on this thread and I will look up what it means....

Last edited by HD Pilot; 09-02-2014 at 04:26 PM.