Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle jacks

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 07:22 PM
littledragon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle jacks

I have an FXDC that I would like to lift and take the weight off the tires for clean up and winter storage in my unheated shed. I currently have a jack called the OTC Stinger. It is a nice jack but I don't think it will work to lift the Dyna for a couple of reasons. First there seems to be a welded strip of steel 5 inches or longer on the right frame tube that seems to be there to protect some wiring that runs in a rubber/plastic tube along the inside of the right frame tube. This would make the bike unleveled when lifted as it makes that side of the frame about an inch lower than the left side. Second the kick stand spring hits the center brace of my lift when I try to get it far enough under the bike to attempt a lift with it.

Does anyone own a floor type lift jack that will lift a stock 2012 FXDC and is stable enough for leaving it up for the winter? If so I would appreciate your replies.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:34 PM
TGGazoo
Novice

I just use a normal moto/atv jack on mine. ('12 FXDC, stock height) Sat level and all. Had to run the front tire onto a couple 2x4s to get the frame up enough to get the jack underneath.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:59 PM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

J and S.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:19 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

J and s is probally the best jack on the market and it will lift your dyna up level and solid without adapters. I have always used the J&S because my brother owned one and he lived across the street. When he moved, Lowes was clearing out their jacks for 39.99 so I couldn't resist buying it and spent another 20 bucks to modify it. Now it is as solid as a J&S but I did spend some time getting it that way.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:23 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by littledragon
I have an FXDC that I would like to lift and take the weight off the tires for clean up and winter storage in my unheated shed. I currently have a jack called the OTC Stinger. It is a nice jack but I don't think it will work to lift the Dyna for a couple of reasons. First there seems to be a welded strip of steel 5 inches or longer on the right frame tube that seems to be there to protect some wiring that runs in a rubber/plastic tube along the inside of the right frame tube. This would make the bike unleveled when lifted as it makes that side of the frame about an inch lower than the left side. Second the kick stand spring hits the center brace of my lift when I try to get it far enough under the bike to attempt a lift with it.

Does anyone own a floor type lift jack that will lift a stock 2012 FXDC and is stable enough for leaving it up for the winter? If so I would appreciate your replies.
I have same jack. Goes down way too fast. Dangerously fast. Got new cylinder still same. You can buy Dyna lift blocks that accommodate the Dyna frame for like $25. Will buy some till I can get rid of OTC and pick up something better.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:30 PM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 70 Posts

J and S I read is very good. After seeing the Pitbull lifts in action I got one. Really a nice lift and have enjoyed mine for 2 years.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:11 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Your jack will work if it can lift over 700 lbs with a 1"x3"x3" block of wood under the tube on the primary side, opposite side to the one you described.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:30 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
...You can buy Dyna lift blocks that accommodate the Dyna frame for like $25...
Where? I'd love to find something other than a block of wood.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:31 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

1st choice should be a J&S.
2nd choice should be a Pitbull.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:43 PM
fatbobsd
Intermediate

How big a deal is it to leave the bike on the tires all winter? I will be leaving mine in am unheated garage for the winter. Is it better to lift it off the tires?

Quick Reply: Motorcycle jacks