Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! (Please) TSSM problem maybe?

Old 09-01-2014, 03:37 AM
supermanotorious
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! (Please) TSSM problem maybe?

Finally decided to go for my longest ride to date, Phoenix, AZ to Oceanside, CA. Filled up in Perris, got back on highway, hit a bump then the motor slowly cut out. I tried to turn on hazards with no luck so I assume it's the TSSM. Now I'm stranded and have very little tools. Is there a way to bypass the module? Luckily I have somewhere safe to sleep but I'm in a bad way. I might be able to tow it to Temecula HD but who knows if they'll be open on Labor Day. Any other thoughts? All other electronics seem fine.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:45 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

First thing is to check the battery connections - a common problem. Remove all four ends, clean them, apply a smear of Vaseline, reassemble.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:55 AM
Wide N Low 13
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Like Foxter said, check the basics. Hope its simple and your back on the road soon.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:41 AM
supermanotorious
Tourer

Thanks guys, there is an Autozone close, I bought a cheapy socket set and dielectric grease, I removed and lubed all 4 connections with NO luck. Any other ideas?

Headlight is bright as ever and battery is virtually brand new. I get no hazards or turn signals which leads me to believe it is TSSM.

I forgot to mention, the check engine light came on right when bike died

holy smokes, I just noticed it's blowing this fuse, wish I would've looked harder last night. I don't have the manual on me, it blows when I try to start bike, any ideas which it is and what causes that? (15 amp)

It blows right when I switch to "Run" not when trying to start

Attached Thumbnails HELP! (Please) TSSM problem maybe?-image.jpg  

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-05-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

While not directly related to your issue, I was having a helluva time with an electrical gremlin. Finally took some time, and traced out, and pinned out all my wiring. Found a loose ground terminal receptacle, in a plug in the harness. The pin from the opposing plug, wasn't making good contact. Intermittent power issues with the left side marker lights. Drove me nuts.

Can't see in the picture which fuse is blowing.
Could be a wire rubbing something in the bars, etc.

Chase

Old 09-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Wide N Low 13
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you had or done any mods/repairs to the bike recently? If so start looking/trouble shooting those areas.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:33 PM
supermanotorious
Tourer

I'm finally home, the dealership found out it was due to shoddy wiring inside the handlebars from a previous owner. $327 to HD (plus towing, hotel, and taxi) and she got me home with no issues.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:17 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I was gonna say that that fuse should be your ignition fuse and that more than likely you probibly had a bad/shorted/pinched out wire in the the bar. When I swapped a set of bars out on an older bike, I tested everything before final assembly and it all worked, tightened down the switch housings and the same fuse would blow as soon as I hit the run switch, ended up being a pinched wire under the housing, loosened it up and adjusted the wire, problem gone.

Good to hear you made it home and your issue was solved, to bad it cost you more than a good ride.