Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded FXDC for FXDF

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 732 Likes on 503 Posts

I was looking forward to seeing that black Bobcat on that Amber Whiskey but the chrome will be killer too!

Gonna be Badass

Old 09-12-2014, 06:36 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Are you going to keep things like the seat and the windshield? They should swap, and we all know stock seats aren't the greatest...Good luck, hope the whole deal works out right for you. tp

Last edited by dirtdreamer50; 09-12-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:53 PM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Sounds like a well laid out plan. I think you'll like the Fat Bob. I LOVE mine. They're definitely a love it or hate it bike. Too many haters. Bike doesn't get the recognition I believe it deserves. But to each their own. Can't wait to see it once you get it. And I agree with the Amber Whiskey. It's a beautiful color! If you can get it. If not, black works too I guess. Ha.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:05 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I can't wait to see it. My next Dyna (if ever there was one) will be a Fatty.

The one thing I don't like about them is the dual head lights. I would ditch those for a daymaker and slap a quarter fairing on it ala izzyryder.

Have fun with it and post lots of pics/bike ****.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:35 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Since you've already got work into your bike maybe you should consider keeping it and turning it into a Fat Bob rather than starting over. This was a bone stock 2010 FXDC - Installed the following:

Fat Bob Trees
Fat Boy Lo bars and risers
Fat Bob sliders
Second disc and caliper from FB
Fat Bob Stinger wheels from HD
130/18 front and 200/18 rear tire
CVO dash and combo speedo/tach
Touring seat w/ rigid backrest and Kury rack
GBG plate mount
Bar end signals

Completely transformed the bikes handling it looks, take it to the twistys and it begged to be ridden faster. Hit a mountain lions tail with it and kept on going. Pipe is a Samson Powerflow.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:06 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bombay, you haven't plugged that hole on your dash yet?

Old 09-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Congrats on the Fatbob. great bike.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:31 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
Bombay, you haven't plugged that hole on your dash yet?
Sold the bike last year but it did have a cover - found that those little round eteched aluminum dealer stickers are the exact right size.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:14 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the chromed out Harleys, that's what separates Harley from the metrics, the black looks good on some bikes but I wish Harley was still usingmore chorme on the dyna;s, funny that the low rider has more chrome than any of them and costs the least,,, and the spokes wheels aren't that hard to clean, you just need the right brushes to clean them.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Are you going to keep things like the seat and the windshield? They should swap, and we all know stock seats aren't the greatest...Good luck, hope the whole deal works out right for you. tp
I used to have 5 Dyna seats....down to 2 now. I have a Mustang Wide Tripper solo diamond stitch & a Corbin Dual Tour. I don't have the stock seat anymore...sold it. Actually, I LOVE the new Fat Bob stock seat...gonna keep it and ride with it. Looks good too & good support too. I'm gonna let the Mustang solo go with the bike since I don't like the look of a solo on the Fat Bob personally & it's a so-so seat anyway. Was going to pick up a used stock seat & keep the Mustang, but too much hastle & won't use the Mustang on the new bike anyway.
Keeping the Corbin, so I'll have the stock new Fat Bob seat & my Corbin for when the wife rides along.

As far as the windshield, I have the Super Sport on my FXDC, which was part of the trade deal so it's going with the bike. It won't fit on the Fat Bob anyway(dual headlights). I really want a t-sport fairing, but for now I bought an 15" QD shield with black braces for the Fat Bob.

Quick Reply: Traded FXDC for FXDF