Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone 5s mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 07:32 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I fully get what up guys are saying about the hazard potential. When I use this setup it is strictly as a GPS. This usually happens when I am riding tank to tank and when I stop I check calls, email and whatnot. When on the road it's GPS only, my touch screen doesn't work with my leather gloves so I can't even mess with it. A simple glance at it is all that's required, kinda like looking at the speedo or fuel gauge.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:46 PM
stackrat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-15-2014, 01:38 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by sgc10
Crash waiting to happen. With all the cagers not paying attention and playing with the phone and now add bikes playing with the phone. I'm glad I am in the open spaces part of the country. You know you will be seeing who text me. Think twice, ignore it and ride.
I dont have my phone attached for texting, it's there so I can use navigation. I really like that I have that functionality with my bike.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

I mount mine inside the saddlebag where it belongs.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:01 PM
croyalc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Michael Ficken
are you talking about this tank mount?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...yer-tank-pouch
This is what I have. On ram mount's web site they say they have a x-grip for the iPhone 6 plus. I like to switch out my accessories so if I go on a trip I put my GPS there if I am just riding around and want music I put my phone there. Depends on the task.

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResul...5/Default.aspx
Do the magnets in this affect the phone?

Old 09-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I keep my 5s in a LifeProof. And it's in my pocket, so, I can feel it go off a lot when I need to be gotten ahold of(between 3 kids, and a demanding job).

I've for the longest time, just kept ziplock bags on the bike, or had a weather/waterproof phone. It's just easier.

What I run into with the iPhone, is it sucks juice down when traveling in fringe areas. So, I'll be setting it up to charge off the tender plug on both bikes.

Anyway, if you have a 5s, get a Lifeproof, and a ram mount. Done. If you want use a regular GPS, the ram mount is modular, so...

Chase

Old 09-15-2014, 05:27 PM
croyalc
Intermediate

Please, let me clarify...this is for using the GPS, not for TAKING phone calls and texts. I will also be able to see if I need to PULL OVER and RETURN a call or text. I understand about the distracted drivers out there and I am not one in my personal or work cage. This is not to become a distracted rider, but to add some functionality to my bike and be able to explore places I haven't been before.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:58 PM
kcflhri
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jesus! Keep it in your pocket or in your bags. Enjoy the ride...stop and look at a map, explore, take a turn if it looks interesting, stop at the Mom and Pop store.
Not judging but for me, never could understand the allure of all the tech and radios, and who wants to answer the phone while on a ride??

Old 09-16-2014, 04:51 AM
sgc10
Banned

Sorry to derail your post. You did say you didn't want to miss important calls.The reason I posted the remark is because I know riders that can't go 5 minutes without pulling the phone out to see what they missed while riding. Now they have mounts so they never miss a thing. Others are set up with blue tooth and talk and reply to texts. I mounted a car GPS and use it when trying to track down Patriot Guard missions in the sticks. It is a nice tool and screw the old paper maps. The technology is great but the distractions can be high. Be safe as well as smart.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:46 AM
dhook57
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my ram mount. Coupled with speakers or blue tooth earbuds I get music, texts, and know if I need to pull over and answer a phone call.I'm not a weekend rider. I ride everyday 30 miles and back just to work. Even on a long haul I put my Pandora station to Robert E Keen or Indigenous and just enjoy the day. Wouldnt have it any other way

Quick Reply: iPhone 5s mount