Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone 5s mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 06:36 PM
croyalc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 5s mount

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm sure if it is not, I will be properly educated!!
I have been looking for a case for my iPhone 5s that I can mount to my handlebar. I ran across this:

http://us.twistyride.com/handlebar-c...rcycle-holder/

Anybody used one of these? If so, how do you like it? If not, What have you used that you can recommend? I just want to be able to use the GPS and not worry about missing important phone calls while I am riding.
Thanks for any input.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Michael Ficken
Advanced

I currently use my 5s with a ram noun with the x-grip from ram mount. I love my mount, looks good, lots of mounting options from ram mount, easy access. I have seen lots of phone mounts on lots of bikes and still like the ram. Just my opinion. The only plus of the mount you posted is it is suppose to be water proof. Just me, but if it was going to rain, I would not have my cell phone in that mount or my mount. It would be somewhere much safer to guarantee it wasn't going to get wet.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:16 PM
KSJ08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ANY mount

that uses the RAMMOUNT.com system will work great!!

Old 09-14-2014, 07:38 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's Gay, .Just get the tank mount that Harley sales.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:37 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

The harley tank mount seems to be the way to go for phones. The ram mount would be good for a phone or switching it up to gps or a gopro.

I'm getting the iphone 6 plus on friday so I wonder if the harley tank mount will work on the bigger phone....anyone using it with a Samsung?

Old 09-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Michael Ficken
Advanced

are you talking about this tank mount?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...yer-tank-pouch
This is what I have. On ram mount's web site they say they have a x-grip for the iPhone 6 plus. I like to switch out my accessories so if I go on a trip I put my GPS there if I am just riding around and want music I put my phone there. Depends on the task.

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResul...5/Default.aspx

Old 09-15-2014, 02:58 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,459 Likes on 1,406 Posts

I use the QuadLock mounts. They are excellent. Keeps the phone secure and dry and you can use the same mount on your Harley and your pedal bikes if you also have those. Or your car, boat or plane for that matter....

Designed for cycling, but work perfectly on motorcycles. Under a minute to put the mount on or take it off, so there's nothing to see when you don't want the phone mounted to the bike.

http://www.quadlockcase.com

Old 09-15-2014, 05:42 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I used this on my bike, when you remove the phone and carrier there is only a 1"x1"x.25" clip left on the bar and it takes about 5 second to put the carrier on. I have done many thousands of miles with it on and never had any issues. I had it mounted between the risers. It made by Ram Mount so you it is some really good quality. Only thing it doesn't offer is the water proofing.

Amazon.com: Ram mount apple iphone 5 ez on/off rail mount: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: Ram mount apple iphone 5 ez on/off rail mount: Computers & Accessories

Last edited by blueangel73; 09-15-2014 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:57 AM
sgc10
Banned

Crash waiting to happen. With all the cagers not paying attention and playing with the phone and now add bikes playing with the phone. I'm glad I am in the open spaces part of the country. You know you will be seeing who text me. Think twice, ignore it and ride.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sgc10
Crash waiting to happen. With all the cagers not paying attention and playing with the phone and now add bikes playing with the phone. I'm glad I am in the open spaces part of the country. You know you will be seeing who text me. Think twice, ignore it and ride.
X 2 Exactly! Riding is tough enough with these distracted drivers either drug induced or otherwise to be riding screwing around with a phone. Leave it in you pocket like I do and pull off the road to use it and then maybe, just maybe you'll be around tomorrow to ride again.

Quick Reply: iPhone 5s mount