Dyna Parts This is the place to post your Dyna Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

**SOLD** C&C Fastback seat to sell???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default **SOLD** C&C Fastback seat to sell???

Not posting anything for sale YET, but have an issue, maybe i can get help with, maybe not.

About 2 months back me and the wife bought C&C fastback seats for my Wide Glide and her Street Bob. Well I love my seat, and she did to. But there is one problem. The seat did set her down and back an inch, but its a lot wider than the stock seat, so it actually spread her legs more and she is unable to touch the ground as well as she used to. Well i tried lowering the bike, that helped very little with the seat on. I called Chuck this weekend and he was very helpful and said we could mail the seat back and he would modify it for us, but also said he could probably only narrow it by an inch or so, and she is needing at least 2 to 3 inches. So, the problem is, we have a badass C&C fastback seat that she loves, but is to wide for her. I really dont think we could modify it enough to make it fit. Any ideas? We have decided to go with a solo seat and put the rear fender motherwells luggage rack on it..But i want her to have something better than the stock seat. Any ideas on a narrow solo seat that looks good and is comfortable? Anyone interested in a C&C fastback seat with the custom stitching? Dont know which i am going to part with yet, i kinda like hers because it has the red thread stitching, so i might put it on mine and sell my fastback... So which should i keep? the red stitch or plain stitch? My new paint will have red in it.

Attached Thumbnails **SOLD** C&C Fastback seat to sell???-b5.1.jpg   **SOLD** C&C Fastback seat to sell???-b4.1.jpg   **SOLD** C&C Fastback seat to sell???-b3.1.jpg  
Old 05-24-2010, 08:30 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

get her some platform boots... LOl....

Old 05-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Yeah, i sorta mentioned something along those lines, and I got "the look". I hate getting that!!!!

Old 05-26-2010, 12:43 AM
ecvjohnny
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you looked at the harley reach seat? its not the best looking seat but it might work.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Glydiator
Tourer

you have to keep the red one... your name is Redleg
Plus it will look badass if you have some red paint.

How much you want for the one you are gonna sell?

also, you should call C&C.. he might work it for you for a fair price. Shipping would be a factor, but they have great customer service.

I too was a little shocked at the width between the legs of my fastback, but DAM i love the seat otherwise. Especially with the backrest.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Im pretty sure im going to keep the red one, I was actually kind of jealous when after we got them and i saw hers and it made me wish i had gotten the colored stitch. Now that my bike will have red in it, i think its a pretty good bet i will keep the red one.

I checked with Chuck and he said he could modify it, but probably not enough like needed. It was my fault when i placed the initial order when i didnt tell him i needed one with a narrow front.

I am going to sell one, and whichever one it is i will probably ask $200 plus $25 shipping. so $225 total. Neither seat has a single mark on them and neither one you could tell wasnt straight out of the box!

I dont get my bike back until Friday morning, thats the reason i havent posted one up for sale officially yet. I have had a couple PM's that get first crack at it, then if not sold it will go on the for sale section and possibly ebay or craigslist. But right now my asking price will be $225 total.

Last edited by Warrior Redleg; 05-26-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Blackpearlfan
Intermediate

I have a brand new lepera up front silouette with gel. It fits dyna and wide glides 91-10. It moves you 3 inch closer and get narrower as it gets closer to tank. I have 400.00 in seat. I will trade straight up for the one with red stitching... I can mail ups... let me know what you think....

Old 05-26-2010, 03:27 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Warrior Redleg, I'd buy the seat with black flames if you end up selling it. Am sure you are going to get a lot of offers.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:25 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

For what it's worth narrowing one inch will actually put a riders feet more like 2 " closer to the ground.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Originally Posted by maddghost
For what it's worth narrowing one inch will actually put a riders feet more like 2 " closer to the ground.
Yeah, we went through that, but its not actually that part that is bothering her, she cant even stand up straight with that seat on. Its not just the setting and duck walking or something at a light, its standing up period while on the bike...If she even attempts to lift up she cant get stable. These seats are great, she will admit that they are comfortable and the best seats we have ever had, and if i had told Chuck to make it with the front narrow, it wouldnt be a problem, but with this seat it will be to hard to modify to work, and could mess up the artwork, foam and stitch work on the seat.

All who have made money offers, i will go in the order in which they were received! Like i said earlier, it will be friday morning before i get my bike back and the seat that is being sold. I will take pics and post them here on the thread, and then those who have contacted me can confirm they are still interested.

Quick Reply: **SOLD** C&C Fastback seat to sell???