Dyna Parts This is the place to post your Dyna Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffles for Vance & Hines Big Radius - USED

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Imagepix
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffles for Vance & Hines Big Radius - USED

I have a pair of part number SPZVHBR Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffles for Vance & Hines Big Radius. They do work and cut the sound level down but it just was not for me. These were on my 07 FXDBi Street Bob. I am asking $10.00 with free USPS Priority Mail. I original paid $75.00 for the set. I do take PayPal. PM me and we can go from there. What you see in the picture is what you will receive. Thanks David

Here are the instruction form the web site:

FITS THE FOLLOWING EXHAUSTS: Vance & Hines Big Radius
SMARTPARTZ PART NUMBER: SPZVHBR
CONTENTS: 2 Hard Kore Quiet Baffles
IMPORTANT: Use Loctite on all screws.
Use WD40 on end of original baffle to ease re installation.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Remove the heat shield and original baffle.
2. Drill 5/16” hole in original baffle 7/16ths of an inch from end.
3. Insert Hard Kore Quiet Baffle into original baffle so that the Hard Kore Baffle is hard up against the end of the original baffle and the threaded tab is centered in the hole you drilled.
4. Reinsert original baffle with Hard Kore Baffle into exhaust pipe. Align hole. Reinsert allen screw from original baffle through the exhaust pipe, through the hole you drilled and into the Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffle, and tighten.
5. Reinstall the heatshield.

* NOTES :
(1) The baffles may create a slightly rich condition in some circumstances. As with all motor modifications, some re jetting may be required.

Attached Thumbnails Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffles for Vance & Hines Big Radius - USED-img_2286.jpg  
Old 02-01-2011, 07:35 PM
bbbobnca
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spzvhbr

You still have these? I just put a set of big radius on my Dyna and they are ear breaking.
Thanks
Bob

Old 02-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Imagepix
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I do not have them. Here is the link for the Web Site http://stores.smartpartz.com/-strse-...%26/Detail.bok

Old 06-08-2011, 11:24 PM
GatorNapper
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imagepix
I have a pair of part number SPZVHBR Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffles for Vance & Hines Big Radius. They do work and cut the sound level down but it just was not for me. These were on my 07 FXDBi Street Bob. I am asking $10.00 with free USPS Priority Mail. I original paid $75.00 for the set. I do take PayPal. PM me and we can go from there. What you see in the picture is what you will receive. Thanks David
David -

I just added V&H Big Radius to me Stage II '97 Wide Glide replacing my S.E. slip-ons of many years - and while these are my dream pipes for good looks, they are just a tad loud for me.

Before I order these from the site you graciously provided (thank you), I'm real curious as to why you didn't like them so much that you basicly gave them away. Do they sound that bad? Or make the Big Radius too quiet?

For me the sound of my '97 SE slip on's was perfect - fairly quiet until I opened her up - then they roared. That's what I'm looking for now.....

Thanks!