Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Sert Pro or Direct Link????

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:51 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sert Pro or Direct Link????

Can those gurus who know campare the two and advise, please?

('08 103" Stage II)

Old 05-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Sert Pro or Direct Link????

They are both tools to open the communication between the computer and the Delphi ECM using a key (dongal) to reflash the ECM. You can't really say one will do a better job than the other....it's all in the skill of the tuner that determins how good the tune is.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:10 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master

Both leave a "footprint", I assume...and the tuners here are equally competent...just wonder which may be the bettr option?

Old 05-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

Well if I had a choice of the SERT, Direct Link, Pro Tuner,or the new TTS V-tuner, the V-tuner would win hands down. The TTS V-Tuner has more features to get a deeper and more precise tune plus it allows a novice tuner to get a darn good tune with the 07 and up bikes in half the time the SERT took. Having said that I am positive we will see better tunes turned out from the dealerships, (if they choose to go with it),and happier customers than we have seen in the last five years. Good Job TTS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 07:32 AM
NightTrain08
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea well Doc,

You sing the praises of TTS, but none of us here in the real world have seen it yet. So when they cut you another check for advertisement, then you can sing some more......

Old 05-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: NightTrain08

Yea well Doc,

You sing the praises of TTS, but none of us here in the real world have seen it yet. So when they cut you another check for advertisement, then you can sing some more......
Ahhh....got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning I see. No checks here nighttrain....just trying to do my part to get it out to the public,I havemany hours testing this unit and just like allthe hours I spend helping people hereon the HDF the hours are all free of charge....even to people like you.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:51 AM
eddfive
Cruiser

All of the devices that tune the ECU will yield the same results in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing. The real advantage here for the customer is the cost. Direct Link will be the least expensive option for the customer. I have not seen the TTS stuff yet, but most of the people Itune take the Direct Link option just for the cost. The Direct Link when combined with thier VDSTS is a powerful combination of tuning and diagnostics. I donot care what people use for a tuning device, but the biggest bang for the customer if they are going to buy one is Direct Link. I can sell Direct link and tune for nearly the same price as Pro Tuner before the tune. I can sell Direct Link for less than most of the other tuning devices. This is just my opinion and what seems to be working for me.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

ORIGINAL: Doc 1

Well if I had a choice of the SERT, Direct Link, Pro Tuner,or the new TTS V-tuner, the V-tuner would win hands down. The TTS V-Tuner has more features to get a deeper and more precise tune plus it allows a novice tuner to get a darn good tune with the 07 and up bikes in half the time the SERT took. Having said that I am positive we will see better tunes turned out from the dealerships, (if they choose to go with it),and happier customers than we have seen in the last five years. Good Job TTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
One question Doc, will the new V-Tuner software work with an older SERT dongal, or is the new new V-tuner dongal needed?

Old 05-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

Bertk
The new files in the V-Tuner are a mt7 the older SERT files are a mt6, so the V-Tuner dongal will read mt6 and mt7 files but your older SERT will not read mt7 files.
Doc

Old 05-23-2008, 05:46 PM
cwalms
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Doc 1

ORIGINAL: NightTrain08

Yea well Doc,

Ahhh....got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning I see. No checks here nighttrain....just trying to do my part to get it out to the public,I havemany hours testing this unit and just like allthe hours I spend helping people hereon the HDF the hours are all free of charge....even to people like you.
Yep, he must of got up on the wrong side of the bed. Doc, I for one, wouldn't care if you were getting paid to advertise for the TTS. I certainly appreciate all the help you give as I have been a recepient and I'm fairly certain Im not the only one who is grateful for your help. So, thank you for sharing your knowledge with all of us.

Quick Reply: Sert Pro or Direct Link????