Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:45 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
Thanks Lonewolf

Each base calibration is unique to the bike model, some have TP and others map(kpa). but don't take my word for it, these files came with your software, look and see for yourself
Gottcha

Old 12-14-2011, 11:22 AM
NorcalFLHX
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a tuning questioning directed at those with knowledge of both the old SERT (Screaming Eagle Race Tuner) and the more current SE pro super tuner, SEPST. I have an 2006 FLHX, 95inch, Hi-comp pistons-22868-00A, stock heads, S&S 510G cams, Fueling pump and lifters, SE A/C, SE fuel injectors, and I had the Rinehart 2 into 1 exahust. I used a SERT and had the dealer Dyno tune the enigine. That was back in 2007. Just recently I decided I liked the Rinehart 4inch slipons and swithed to the Vance & Hines true dual headers and added the big Rinehart slip-ons. I went to the same dealer and asked if they could "Re-Tune" my bike to adjust for the different exhaust. The service rep said that it would be a 3 hour job because they have to start over when using the SERT. I am not sure if that is true or not but he did say that if i had the new tuner, SEPST, they could just make a few adjustments. My question is this:
Instead of paying the dealer to "Re-Tune" from scratch using my exisiting SERT and then if I do the heads this spring, which is the plan, they would just keep having to start over or will purchasing the new SEPST be the better route and I can do it myself? Also, it looks like the software and cable come as a package so using the old cable should not be considered?

Old 12-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by NorcalFLHX
The service rep said that it would be a 3 hour job because they have to start over when using the SERT.
Some what true but if you have a copy of your map it would make for a good place to start.

he did say that if i had the new tuner, SEPST, they could just make a few adjustments.
Not true. They would still have to start with a base map.

will purchasing the new SEPST be the better route and I can do it myself? Also, it looks like the software and cable come as a package so using the old cable should not be considered?
Another option is to go here http://www.mastertune.net/SERTUpgrade.html and run the test to see if your SERT qualifies to be upgraded to the TTS for $100. Then you can add the o2 sensors and tune it yourself. Then your SERT cables will work.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:43 PM
NorcalFLHX
Stage III

Thank You. I will look into the TTS and see if my SERT is qualified.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:36 PM
NorcalFLHX
Stage III

I don't want to weld in any O2 sensors so I goess my question becomes, Do I keep tuning with the SERT that I have or will purchasing the latest product, SEPST be a better option? Has anyone ditched the old SERT and found better results with the SEPST?

Old 12-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 172 Posts

The SERT will work just fine. Upgrading to the TTS (owners of SERT) or the SESPT will offer a few more tools to tune with but you will still have to have a way to externally measure your afr's as you are tuning open loop.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick question. When I start my bike, hot or cold, it flares... like up to 2K then quickly settles down to a nice idle (little high when cold, but spot on 1K when hot). Which table could resolve this flare if it's not normal. Cranking fuel or IAC Warmup Steps.. or neither?

Thanks!

Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Grillfish
Quick question. When I start my bike, hot or cold, it flares... like up to 2K then quickly settles down to a nice idle (little high when cold, but spot on 1K when hot). Which table could resolve this flare if it's not normal. Cranking fuel or IAC Warmup Steps.. or neither?

Thanks!
IAC steps controls your idle speed so you can cut back on steps to bring your idle down some. It will take a bit of trial and era to get everything leveled out.
Billy

Old 12-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Billyram
IAC steps controls your idle speed so you can cut back on steps to bring your idle down some. It will take a bit of trial and era to get everything leveled out.
Billy
Thanks, Billy. I've got some time off for the holidays and will play around with the settings and see where I get.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:23 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

I am not sure if that is true or not but he did say that if i had the new tuner, SEPST, they could just make a few adjustments.
I would say this is true. With the SEPST the loaded map is still in the VCI and can be downloaded to your computer, inspected, and adjusted as needed. I've done it myself when I had my bike dyno'd and the tech provided me someone elses map on thumb drive I brought in. I downloaded it from the VCI, saved to a new name, made a few tweaks to timing, and loaded it back into my bike.

Mark

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread