Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Need 07 Street Bob stator - rotor advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 05:09 PM
override
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Need 07 Street Bob stator - rotor advice

Has anyone used these kits or anything from this company? Are they as good as they claim? Worth the money or should I just go with a Harley one peice stator?

Cycle Electric which has part # CE-82T at a whopping cost of $554.99 but seems to be a better overall kit with a two year warranty.

While I am inside, I have decided to go ahead and replace the Inner Primary Bearing seeings as this is also an issue. Anyone know of these IPB issues happening with an 07?

Anyone interested to know the story:

I've been having issues with my electrical system on my Street Bob and I believe the ugly issue finally reared it's head yesterday on a ride. To give some insight though I installed Wards Parts Werks cooling fans about a year ago or so. Shortly after the install I started having problems with my bike not wanting to start, although if I disconnected the fans and reconnected them at the + battery terminal all was well and the bike would start. I moved my ground points to the chassis and stopped having issues, recently they started again though. I took the fans off, and come to find had a loose + wire, I redid all the wiring and it solved my problems. Until yesterday.....I was cruising with my girl to the Sherwood Forest Fair in McDade, TX and about 15 mins from arriving my bike started cutting out and the voltage dropping. It killed the bike once, got going again and kept trying to kill it the rest of the way. On the return trip home it got progressively worse, I ended up pulling in for gas and the bike would not start again. Had to get a tow back home last night and after doing some research I suspect my stator has separated. To clear up any added accessory issues, I disconnected the fans and my USB charger +/- and still had issues. This problem was supposedly fixed in 07 models but I suspect maybe mine was an early production model before the issue was fixed. My bike is just at the 10,000 mile service mark so I plan to go ahead and change all fluids and do any other service that needs to be done. I plan to do all the work myself, I do have an official Harley service manual for my bike.

Any other advice is appreciated!

Last edited by override; 03-31-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:34 PM
override
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Default I don't think it's my stator

Ok so I literally just got done pulling the primary case off, the stator looks freaking brand new and it is infact the updated one. So now that I don't have to spend money their and know that's not the problem I need to move onto something else.

I plan to do the electrical systems checks listed on the stickys in this forum section. Otherwise I have also read common issues being the ignition switch, turn signal wires rubbed and grounding out, bad rectifier/regulator and ofcourse corroded or loose wires. None of my chassis grounds are loose and the + wires going to the starter are good as well, so maybe a bad wire between those points and the fuse box.

I'm still hunting for some advice and recommendations.

Thanks

IS it possible that between the cooling fans and the USB charger that I overloaded the voltage regulator? I don't see how these would have done that but **** who knows....