Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

2003 FXDWG Left Turn Signals Inop (Running Lights On)

Old 05-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Krudnits
Last night, before I went to sleep, I took the black square (on the right in the photos I posted) and took it out of the line. I was able to plug the cables together. No change in the left side. Everything else still worked as it did when the box was part of the circuit.
Well we are looking for a voltage drop, when you take the box out of the line check the voltage at the light, also see if you leave that connector unplugged what happens, do the rear light not work at all?
The left turn signal wire is violet, see if there is a violet wire in the connector, unplug it, and check for voltage on the female side, it should be 12 v.
I see a violet wire going to that wire nut, check that see if it is 12v when the left turn is on, off when the turn is off.
You say you cant find where that wire goes?
Even with leds in the rear the turn signal should come on and not necessary flash. It will start as normal then start flashing real fast to let you know it has a bulb out.
Message me your e-mail I will send you a schematic.
Or my e-mail is on the bottom of my signature.